engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAPERKEV said:
get a dime, wiggle it in the gap, an your good to go, it is pretty damn close to 45 use a 10 cent piece

I just went out and got the gap piece for 2$.
They were all set about 40 maybe a little off, But Pontiacgp just said leave em if their at about 40 so I did.
I know if I lose this or my daughter gets it and misplaces it, i know I can use a dime, I appreciate it.

Re: engine problems, again. UPDATE!

It is running a bit better I have been out messing with all the idle screws and idle mixture screws its running a little more solid, but still backfiring if I push the gas.
I will upload a video in just a few to show you all I got it to idle perfectly at a 1000-1300 rpm.
But if I push on the gas even slightly it will backfire, sometimes in idle it will make a little backfire noise.
I have gotten all new wires set the plugs at .40.
set my idle mixture screws at about 1 1/2 turns, set my fast idle a little bit up.
Now shes at least staying started and running a bit better, just need to figure out why its backfiring and not wanting to go into gear and drive.
But again I will upload a couple videos of different angles.
There is also a clanking noise when I rev it up, i will also take a video of that.

richp85elco said:
it really sounds like you have some wires crossed, that really the only thing that would be causing that popping even after all the changes you have made...are you sure there in the order on that pic i posted

Yeah i mean I followed it, I believe I put them on right.
I will definitely go re check them just to make sure.
drivers would be 1357 and passenger would be 2468 correct.
and you follow that in clockwise, right?

Yep. You just go in order, number 1 plug wire, number 8 plug wire, etc. And yes clockwise is the correct direction.

it's pointing toward the front but towards the drivers side

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor