engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
all of them?...it's very unusual to have them all oil fouled. If they are all coated in black it's more likely a carbon buildup

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
all of them?...it's very unusual to have them all oil fouled. If they are all coated in black it's more likely a carbon buildup

Not all I would say about 4 or 5.
I wish I could get pictures but my wife misplaced the batteries so I cant right now.
Their not that bad but they have a build on top of about 4 or 5.
But the other seem brand new.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you have some that look ok and some carbon fouled then I'd be looking at the wires and cap to make sure the plugs are getting enough current. Do you have a multi meter to check the resistance (ohms) of the wires? If the wires check out good then take a look at the cap

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
if you have some that look ok and some carbon fouled then I'd be looking at the wires and cap to make sure the plugs are getting enough current. Do you have a multi meter to check the resistance (ohms) of the wires? If the wires check out good then take a look at the cap

I don't no, But i know they sell em at Wal-mart for cheap.
Should I get one?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's a good thing to have cause you can use it for other electrical issues. It's the only way I know how to check a wire other than looking at it.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
It's a good thing to have cause you can use it for other electrical issues. It's the only way I know how to check a wire other than looking at it.

Is there a way I can look at it, Cause i have no ride now to get anything.
So I would have to do it another way until i can get a ride to Wal-mart.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you can look at the wires to see if there is anything obvious like cracked or burnt wire covering. There is one other thing, is the engine clean around the spark plug openings?...if not you or who ever put the plugs in might have fouled the plug with some dirt when installing the plug causing it to misfire

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
you can look at the wires to see if there is anything obvious like cracked or burnt wire covering. There is one other thing, is the engine clean around the spark plug openings?...if not you or who ever put the plugs in might have fouled the plug with some dirt when installing the plug causing it to misfire

I know there is a couple cracks in the wires, and when installing the plugs I don't remember them cleaning anything.
I doubt they did, But I will now.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if there are cracks in the wires get a new set before you do anything else, that might be your whole problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor