engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
how hot did the engine get?...the hoses get too hot to touch even with a car not overheating. I still suggest the guys should have a module somewhere in their shop to try it out. If they work on G bodys they have a module

It got very very hot.
I will ask em if they do, to test it.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Bonnewagon said:
I say change it. Then have the shop SAVE everything they replace and give it back to you. Then you can decide if anything is good, and you have spares. Put them in a box in your garage for later.

That's what I was going to ask them even if they didn't replace everything.
Because I would love to know that I have a extra.

Like when i re did the steel brake lines I got a new master cylinder brake Mine was still good, so I was like hey could i have the old and I got it.
Now I have the brand new one and I have the other used but perfectly working other.
So now I know I wont have to spend more money if I ever have to get another one.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Re: engine problems, again. !thought!

I was doing some look on my local Cl and found this little ad.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/2788351199.html

I am not sure if any run but I assume they do but I have no clue, so I will be calling him about the rocket and trans.
I was just wondering if it ran good and all that would this be a good deal.

I thought this because I would be paying someone to fix mine about the same price he is selling this for.
So I am going to do the compression test on mine no matter what, but whatever it may come up to be I was wondering would you all think this would be a deal yo would just take and leave the sbc for something later or try to sell the parts I know are good on it.
Or ultimately if mine is a good engine and needs rebuilding I should rebuild for later as a project, or sell?

I am not saying this is what I am doing, I was just wondering on it.
I am still going to do the compression test and rule out what's wrong with mine just saw this ad and thought, hmm lets check with pals on Gbody to see what they say.

Thanks everyone.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
My honest opinion is for you to sell your car and buy a nice unmolested daily driver whether it be another G-body or just any other run of the mill car ( like a Honda or something ). I don't say that to be mean. I say it because I really feel that is what you should do.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
Or, if you do decide to get another engine and start this whole process all over again, just save some time and take all your money out to the driveway and set it on fire.

Same end result, just quicker.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
DoubleV said:
My honest opinion is for you to sell your car and buy a nice unmolested daily driver whether it be another G-body or just any other run of the mill car ( like a Honda or something ). I don't say that to be mean. I say it because I really feel that is what you should do.

Actually me and my wife have been discussing this for the past 3 days.
Just let this be someone Else's "project" Thank you that's just what will most likely happen.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Black Sheep said:
Or, if you do decide to get another engine and start this whole process all over again, just save some time and take all your money out to the driveway and set it on fire.

Same end result, just quicker.

Yeah that's exactly what its like, i constantly get screwed over.
So I am just going to try to find a buyer who would be better with it than me and have better progress.

It won't take much to get it running, just have no money to dispense.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
get something that is cheap and dependable even if you don't really like it. Then you figure out what you want to get for a toy when you can afford it.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
get something that is cheap and dependable even if you don't really like it. Then you figure out what you want to get for a toy when you can afford it.

That's what were going to do, I just hope someone buys mine so I can have the money to get another car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor