Favorite Memory in Your G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
ahhhh i remember the good ol days of my first summer being 16... ill never forget it. i did SOOO MUCH in my black cutlass.... lol and i do mean a LOT ;) but my absolute favorite memories were those going to the drive in about an hour from here. i could either blast the AC or roll the windows down and just cruise.... i never had so much fun, really.. just being with good friends, not even watching the movies just messin around... ill never forget it. i love looking at this picture because it just tells me all of the memories i had in that car.... if only the mirror wasnt in the way, my friend isnt the best photographer. lol
cuttyrollin.jpg

then this one reminds me of how this car used to get up.... lol a chipped out 307 can do a little something i tell ya what! :lol:
movin.jpg

whats you guys' favorite memory in any of your g bodies?

22Clean

Apprentice
Mar 22, 2011
Detroit, MI
My favorite moment was when me and my boy were going to the mall and on the way the catalytic converter got hot and caught fire... and then i tried to stomp it out, with my brand new white air ones.... than someone called the fire department. So they came out and had to put the fire out... With all the girls watching... :blam:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
i decided to do a neutral dop in my 79 GP with a 305 trying to "impress" a newer camaro and destroying the 7.5 rearend in front of a bunch of girlies... :?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
85GPLef41 said:
i decided to do a neutral dop in my 79 GP with a 305 trying to "impress" a newer camaro and destroying the 7.5 rearend in front of a bunch of girlies... :?

I did something somewhat similar back when I was about 21 or so. I was driving on a US highway doing about 60 and saw a late 80's Mustang coming up in my rear view mirror. At the time the car had a 350, TH350 and 3.73's. Well I thought I was going to down shift to 2nd and got 1st instead. After it revved to the moon the water pump shaft fragged, sent the fan into the radiator and destroyed the shroud. I was late for work that day and had to have the car towed to my house. All over wanting a race a Mustang.....that ended up having a V6 in it anyway.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Another character builder happened in my '85 442. I was at home on leave in the summer and just sold my '85 SS because I saw this black and silver 442 that I had to have. I bought the car from a used car lot roughly 2 hours before I had to drive from Chicago to MCAS El Toro in California. So anyway, I leave in the evening and no problems at all. By the time I get to Texas early in the morning it's starting to run hot.

Since I'm pressed for time to make it back to base I couldn't stop anywhere to really look at it for very long. I ended up driving through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Cali in the summer WITH THE HEAT ON to keep the temp under control. I had to stop at a few rest stops to let it cool down every so often and had to nap in the car. That was one brutal drive!

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Since I have sooooo many bad memories in the malibu :? , a good one form a past G. My second g-bodyish car was a 79 Cutlass 2dr, Olds350, & th350 I bought in July of 2000 at the age of 17. The car ended up being my winter rat that year, that winter, was probably the most fun my friends and I had :rofl: . Every snowy night we'd take that thing out, rip around the backroads, and parking lots. Countless donuts, dog walks, drifting (we called it powerslide :lol: ), 30mph across a parking lot , yank the wheel smash the gas to the floor and count how many times the car would spin. Besides the normal stuff that everyone does, we got a brilliant idea to tie a plastic sled to the back bumper (we at least wore helmets) :lol: . We started out in parking lots, but then realized it wasn't much fun, so we took it to the street, lol, all around the neighborhood, towing my buds around behind the cutlass. We then learned about how much centrifical force a donut has when trying to hang onto said sled attached to a spinning car :rofl: . It's amazing we're all still walking, but it was all good fun.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Just being able to drive it :(

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
Favorite memory thus far: getting the car to 115 and then finding out two days later that only four of my lug nuts actually threaded properly :shock:

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
after building my motor up going into town for the first time an going right sideways through a set of lights 8)

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Oldsmoletick said:
Besides the normal stuff that everyone does, we got a brilliant idea to tie a plastic sled to the back bumper (we at least wore helmets) :lol: . We started out in parking lots, but then realized it wasn't much fun, so we took it to the street, lol, all around the neighborhood, towing my buds around behind the cutlass. We then learned about how much centrifical force a donut has when trying to hang onto said sled attached to a spinning car :rofl: . It's amazing we're all still walking, but it was all good fun.

Ya, me and my friends also did that with one of our blazers except we definitely did not wear helmets and we definitely had a 85 pound girl with us that held on longer than any of us.

When being rotated a body has a velocity which leads to an inherent momentum which when released from the force that is accelerating it towards the center of the rotation, sends the body flying in a direction tangent to the circle of rotation. The centrifugal force is the reactive force due to the force accelerating it to the center of rotation. This sort of explains why she could hold on longer(i.e. less mass).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor