First cars anyone still have theirs? Here's mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I still had it. It was A sweet little 65 Falcon Ranchero. I sold it to get the down payment for our first house 30 + years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 460
Well been a bit busy this weekend on the old Buick. We changed out the front coil springs and new shocks all around. It's settin a bit high for my taste but rides like a dream now. I renewed my tags washed it and went for a nice cruise this weekend 6/1/13.

DSCN0267.jpg

Sure due, bought my 1970 Impala Sport Coupe in Sept 1985 and wont sell it. Changed every panel due to NY rust and dents. Lost a few girlfriends over this car oh well lets go cruzin

gmparts said:
Sure due, bought my 1970 Impala Sport Coupe in Sept 1985 and wont sell it. Changed every panel due to NY rust and dents. Lost a few girlfriends over this car oh well lets go cruzin

I hear ya my wife does'nt care much for mine either, it lost a wheel once and then later the module blew in the comp 9 mallory leaving us stranded. She is always afraid it will do it again.She does'nt see past the ugly to see what it can eventually become. As you can see and read in this post i have done a lot of work to mine too, the wife says it's usless to spend money on it, but i wear the pants when it comes to my cars lol. Good luck with the Sport Coupe i really like those cars! post some pics of it bro.

gmparts said:

I have a 1970 Caprice and dang this car is BIG

Here is My 1979 Hurst/Olds which was my first car. This picture was taken the day after I bought it. I bought a couple months after my 16th birthday.

Here is now. This was taken a month ago when my Dogwood was in full bloom. Now I'm 26 (27 in August) The car looks like the same but it has been changed quite a bit with interior and engine work.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 947397_550063004311_1624373487_n.jpg
    947397_550063004311_1624373487_n.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 409
That's firkin cool.

One of my friend's has their first car, and there is a lot of history to it. He actually sold it one day, and I saw it listed for sale a year later, and we found it and he bought it back.

My first car wasn't in terribly good shape, but if I ever found it, I'd probably buy it back.

I still do have mine, Its a 87 SS Monte. Its the basic white/burg. interior with T tops and a whole lotta rust :doh:

Here's how it sits right now

Attachments

• 100_6358.JPG
    100_6358.JPG
    785.8 KB · Views: 287
ls1_monte said:
I still do have mine, Its a 87 SS Monte. Its the basic white/burg. interior with T tops and a whole lotta rust :doh:

Here's how it sits right now

Glad you still have it and are working on it, it's a hard road to travel but it will be worth it. The 87 & 88 Monte SS is my favorite years I really want one too but I have way too many cars and trucks to drag another one in the yard. Keep on toolin brother!

online170 said:
That's firkin cool.

One of my friend's has their first car, and there is a lot of history to it. He actually sold it one day, and I saw it listed for sale a year later, and we found it and he bought it back.

My first car wasn't in terribly good shape, but if I ever found it, I'd probably buy it back.
Glad he got it back some aren't so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor