First cars anyone still have theirs? Here's mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
hurst1979olds said:
Here is My 1979 Hurst/Olds which was my first car. This picture was taken the day after I bought it. I bought a couple months after my 16th birthday.

Here is now. This was taken a month ago when my Dogwood was in full bloom. Now I'm 26 (27 in August) The car looks like the same but it has been changed quite a bit with interior and engine work.
Cool cutty!

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
chevy76monteman said:
I do still have my first car. I won't part with her. My 1976 Monte Carlo Landau. Still my daily driver and still slowly deteriorating. She has major driver side door problems, mainly due to the door hinges. I managed to break the window closing the door at the drag strip (good thing it was a nice night, I was leaving AND I had a spare window). The door latch it trashed as is the striker. She has the typical rear window leak caused by rust (which is of course caused by the vinyl top), which leaks into the back seat and trunk when it rains. The floor boards need to be replaced. I just don't have the cash to get her properly fixed at the moment. I'm hoping that changes when I get the GP up and running for daily driving.

Here's a recent picture of her with the vinyl top are primed in white with the 15x7 wire basket wheels that I obtained in April.
IMG_0933.jpg
Good luck to you getting it back the way you want it again. My uncle had one just like yours,same colors even, when I was younger in mint condition I tried to get my dad to buy it but he refused those are cool cars!

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Kris_84elky said:
Here's my 1970 chevelle malibu. It's the first car I officially ever owned and got it when I was 16. It's all original (76xxx) besides the paint with a 350sbc (have original intake and carb too!). I even have 3 build sheets I found in it. 2 for my car and one for an ss396 that was built right before mine. I've owned it for 5 years and have yet to do a single thing to it lol. My g-body keeps getting in the way!
BrainerdInternationalRaceway005.jpg

BrainerdInternationalRaceway015.jpg

BrainerdInternationalRaceway017.jpg
Nice Malibu! Just keep it running bro you'll get to it sooner or later. I know the feeling, I have too many irons in the fire myself. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor