First cars anyone still have theirs? Here's mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

87z16

Not-quite-so-new-guy
my first car:

79 regal turbo

79tregal-2.jpg

my dad and i redid it rebuilt the engine, transmission, repainted & semi customized it to look like this:

79tregal-4.jpg

then i sold it and bought my aero

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
Here's my 1970 chevelle malibu. It's the first car I officially ever owned and got it when I was 16. It's all original (76xxx) besides the paint with a 350sbc (have original intake and carb too!). I even have 3 build sheets I found in it. 2 for my car and one for an ss396 that was built right before mine. I've owned it for 5 years and have yet to do a single thing to it lol. My g-body keeps getting in the way!
BrainerdInternationalRaceway005.jpg

BrainerdInternationalRaceway015.jpg

BrainerdInternationalRaceway017.jpg

chevy76monteman

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
I do still have my first car. I won't part with her. My 1976 Monte Carlo Landau. Still my daily driver and still slowly deteriorating. She has major driver side door problems, mainly due to the door hinges. I managed to break the window closing the door at the drag strip (good thing it was a nice night, I was leaving AND I had a spare window). The door latch it trashed as is the striker. She has the typical rear window leak caused by rust (which is of course caused by the vinyl top), which leaks into the back seat and trunk when it rains. The floor boards need to be replaced. I just don't have the cash to get her properly fixed at the moment. I'm hoping that changes when I get the GP up and running for daily driving.

Here's a recent picture of her with the vinyl top are primed in white with the 15x7 wire basket wheels that I obtained in April.
IMG_0933.jpg

HDFXR1991

Apprentice
Aug 21, 2011
Wisconsin
1972 Delta 88 Royale 4 door. Blue on Blue. Got midwest body & bone cancer.
I miss that car. Lot of good times and really learned to drive in that car.
But the heart (350 Rocket) still lives in the '81 Cutlass.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Ya'll have some very nice cool and unique first cars I hope you are enjoying my build and my dare to be different approach. I'm also glad to see some of you are lucky enough to still have them ah the memories!

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Well its been a while since an update on the old Buick, but i have gotten around to making solid motor mounts for it and finally got them installed last week. Glad i did, cured two problems at once. Now on to relocating the alt so my belt will have more grip for the power steering and maybe on to swapping out those tired old front V6 coil springs.

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
My first car (Morris Minor) was stolen when I left it at a gas station to pick it up later. We do have my son's though. A 1973 Gran Torino wagon. Originally a F code 302 and C4 car. Dad purchased it on 9/26/77 and parked it in 1980 because the transmission lost all forward gears on his mail route. The original engine and transmission are still there, but the engine is stripped down and the transmission is just sitting inside the car. It has 35,000 original miles.

Disney World, 1977

Now

AGS_Trip_5.20.12_020.JPG

AGS_Trip_5.20.12_003.JPG

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
hotwheelsboy28 said:
Wow Dburger that wagon could be a sweet ride! I love cars from the 70's. Any plans for it?

Get the 302 machined, rebuild the C4 and add an overdrive kit, and then just drive it until he has the money to do a full restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor