First cars anyone still have theirs? Here's mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
All you guys have some very cool first cars and present ones. Best of all we all have some great memories with them also. It takes a lot of time money and effort to do a frame off I would like to do it to my 79 Bu someday. I love the 30's ford truck it will be sweet when u finish it believe me it will be worth it, I once had a 54 Chevy truck, my mom made me get rid of it, I still want another one. I admit i love G bodies but my heart is with the older model cars and trucks. Back when i bought my Buick back in 1990, I was 18, an older gent asked me if i would sell it, i told him probably never will, I seen the same guy last year and he asked if I still owned it, Yes I said at age 38, well you stuck to your word he said with a smile.I don't plan on ever parting with my Bu either it was the last car my late grandmother owned. Certain cars and trucks are sentimental to me just don't ever want to part with them. I even still have the truck I had when I got married a 93 ranger 2.3L, 5 speed with 193,000 mi., and my dad's 87 Choo Choo custom Silverado he gave me a few years back. Like another one put it, it's a disease and obsession to me. Good luck with your projects and God Bless!

MAN_N_BLACK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2011
hartley iowa
first car was my 1980 buick regal(avatar) got it when i was 15. its sittign in storage now only comes out for burnout contests the last couple of years its waititng for a rainy day to start the ground up mod/restore. i have a buick 455/th400 to put in with 3:73 gears

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
hotwheelsboy28 said:
Yes, that's AMC metallic blue I love the color it's old school, I like to think outside the box at times.

:mrgreen: Awesome, I thought it was, lol, I just painted my 4.0 I6 (jeep engine) that color for the same reason. :lol:

What flowtechs are you useing? Or did you modify the small block ones to fit.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Carlola said:
Bought my 79 monte when i was 17, been pushing her ever since.

You must have some very strong legs. :mrgreen:

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Some ******* totalled out my first car...on second thought, maybe he's not an *******. It was a 90 Bonneville. Got it for free, previous owner couldn't get it to run. I cleaned the battery terminals and it started right up. Idk why, but I loved that car. Guy pulled out in front of me... didn't wanna deal with insurance, gave me bluebook value which was $1300. Then bought a 2000 regal ls. Then ended up trading straight across for my cutty. Now I have two cars that I've always wanted...I do miss my Bonnie though!

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
I bought my 1965 Pontiac Tempest when I was 14, its still under resto/mod. I'm going for a pro touring deal, once i finally get the money together itll be stupid fast and still be able to turn.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Mine met its fate in a ditch. But she went out hard body as hell, with the front pass wheel off the ground.

74 ponytiac, G T O. With a chebby 454 and a muncie M21. The rear end had a stroke and blew an axle + housing, and the leaf spring on the driverside let lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor