First Oops...Rear bumper filler panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Well...It was just a matter of time before I broke something...And it didn’t take long. I’m afraid it may be one of those “needle in a haystack” parts. Was unloading some of the cargo that came along with the wagon.

As I mentioned, the rear glass struts are shot, so I scrounged around the garage and found a trim piece. It was a little on the long side, but I used it anyway. I made the fatal mistake of propping it on the plastic filler panel between the bumper and tailgate.

A few minutes later, the glass fell, and the wood piece clanked to the ground. I was horrified to see what had happened. Not so much for the amount of damage, but the realization of how hard to find certain parts are. Again, if anyone knows where I could source one of these, or have any tricks for repairing it, let me know.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well...It was just a matter of time before I broke something...And it didn’t take long. I’m afraid it may be one of those “needle in a haystack” parts. Was unloading some of the cargo that came along with the wagon.

As I mentioned, the rear glass struts are shot, so I scrounged around the garage and found a trim piece. It was a little on the long side, but I used it anyway. I made the fatal mistake of propping it on the plastic filler panel between the bumper and tailgate.

A few minutes later, the glass fell, and the wood piece clanked to the ground. I was horrified to see what had happened. Not so much for the amount of damage, but the realization of how hard to find certain parts are. Again, if anyone knows where I could source one of these, or have any tricks for repairing it, let me know.

Ed,
I think those fillers are reproduced for your wagon in fiberglass. I'll have to see if I can find the particular vendor.
That's too bad about it getting broken. Don't give up hope.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 user

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
They list them for the Malibu wagon, and those should work fine. Not a thing...

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Fiberglass would probably be fine for this piece, since it’s a non-stressed piece (until I got to it!) It’s really way down on my worry list in the greater scheme of things, but kind of a bummer in that it was a perfectly good piece until I ruined it.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Gentlemen,
You can't use the Malibu wagon rear fillers on the Buick. It would have to be for an Olds or Buick wagon only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor