First Oops...Rear bumper filler panel

CaliWagon83

G-Body Guru
Silver
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I’m wondering if someone could answer this...was the factory rear filler panel one-piece or three pieces? It appears to be one piece on the Regal wagon, but all the replacement pieces look like a 3-piece set (i.e. corners and center piece. Are the replacement pieces designed to be molded in, or just abut/overlay the adjoining center piece?

fleming442

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 26, 2013
Unbolt it, and start slicin' & dicin'! Screw them fillers! Channel your inner Barris...

CaliWagon83

G-Body Guru
Silver
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Unbolt it, and start slicin' & dicin'! Screw them fillers! Channel your inner Barris...
I would, except the stakes when you screw up are that much higher since a lot of the parts are hard-to-find! Not only that, you can already see how susceptible I am to Murphy’s Law! :rolleyes:

EdontheBeach

Greasemonkey
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
I’m wondering if someone could answer this...was the factory rear filler panel one-piece or three pieces? It appears to be one piece on the Regal wagon, but all the replacement pieces look like a 3-piece set (i.e. corners and center piece. Are the replacement pieces designed to be molded in, or just abut/overlay the adjoining center piece?
a complete 'kit' would be 3 pieces - 1 left, 1 right and a center piece...the corners overlay the center

fleming442

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 26, 2013
The bumpers are easier to find than the fillers....

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think the wagon bumpers are very similar if not the same as the El Camino/Caballero bumpers.
Ed,
Regarding the rear bumpers, the El Camino bumpers are the same as wagon bumpers. However, the front bumpers are a different animal.
Malibus and El Caminos, of course, share the same front bumpers, fenders, etc.

The only difference between the rear bumpers would be that some include a bumper strip, which means that the bumper is drilled, and some having bumperettes.

vandall

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
I wonder how many people would need to express interest or pre-order for G Body Parts to consider making repro fillers?

CaliWagon83

G-Body Guru
Silver
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The unfortunate truth for us wagon owners is the majority of the G-Body aftermarket is focused on the two-door models. From a volume standpoint, they were definitely the most prevalent models, but it seems like there is enough of a niche market for wagons to warrant some parts support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CaliWagon83 Wagons! 10
CaliWagon83 Wagons! 27
CaliWagon83 Wagons! 5
O Wagons! 17
Caleb bonwell Wagons! 2