Fusible Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
I need some help too. This is my situation and I don’t know how long or where to start wiring. The black cylinders have 16g on them.
The black cylinders you describe are nothing more than covers for the connections to the short pieces of fusible link wires. Your fusible link wires are ruined. They need to be cut off.

You certainly can replace your fusible link wires like mikester did. He did a nice neat job. You just have to find the correct replacement fusible link wire and cut them to the original length. If you can't re-use your black "cylinder" covers then doubling up adhesive lined heat shrink tubing would be a good way to protect the connections.

However, These wires don't have to be run to the starter if you don't want to. I preferred not to. I'm also not too fond of fusible links. The only wire that has to go down to the starter solenoid is the purple wire from the ignition switch.

See my post #19. The Blue Sea Safety Hub is a very high quality piece.
On my setup the two of the wires you have in your hand connect to the #2 and #3 MIDI/AMI fuses I have labeled as "Fuse Panel Feed" and "Ign Switch Feed". The orange blower relay wire connects to a 30A ATC fuse in the hub.

IMG_1605.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor