Gbody LS Swap Info

brad smith

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2017
I hear you. I was going to cobble some 4th Gen F-body long tubes to fit, but sold them off because it was just an unpleasant solution (and it isn't like I don't enjoy welding and fabricating). Save your pennies and get the good one.
Have you seen the guy Malibu Jak onYouTube he used s10 ls swap headers on his 79 Malibu and said they fit great.I have been thinking about that. There pretty reasonable on ebay

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Have you seen the guy Malibu Jak onYouTube he used s10 ls swap headers on his 79 Malibu and said they fit great.I have been thinking about that. There pretty reasonable on ebay

Ah shorties... Hey man, you do what you feel is best for you. But, I would go with the F-body long tubes over those.

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
does any one have any pics of where the frame mount will go on a 87 cutty ls1 swap, just getting started on the swap and trying to get everything 1/2 way in order, thanks for any help that can help a old man

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
does any one have any pics of where the frame mount will go on a 87 cutty ls1 swap, just getting started on the swap and trying to get everything 1/2 way in order, thanks for any help that can help a old man
I'm in the same boat as you....possibly doing an LS swap soon. From my understanding, the stock v8 chevy frame mounts stay in the stock location, then you get the adapter plates that bolt to the block, and the clamshells bolt to them. From what I've read, to keep the engine in the stock gen1 sbc location, you need 1" setback plates to use the stock trans xmember and driveshaft. Pic below is the mounts that provide several mounting points to allow for different trans options.

Hopefully, someone who has used the 1" setback plates will confirm or correct.
Screenshot_20170407-211441.png

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
In my quest to procure parts for my LS swap i came across a helpful list on the web with part #'s for darn near everything to button up a short block. Hope this helps out others as its already helped me.
Screenshot_20170418-005206.png
Screenshot_20170418-005218.png
Screenshot_20170418-005237.png

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Dillont91

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2019
Does anybody have the part number for the small power steering pully that is needed to put in a gbody

Dillont91

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2019
When you say stop truck accessories are you referring to the Tahoe and did you have any issues with the power steering pulley hitting the steering gear box

Idk of it helps or not, but my 5.3 is out if an 01' tahoe... I used all the stock truck accessories and brackets with no issues. 85' MC SS

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor