Gbody LS Swap Info

1981 Cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
I'm putting a 6.0l in my Cutlass I'm having issues with the motor mounts. I bought the plates and they work great the problem is the mounts on the frame. I put them where the sbc location is but the are to low if I put them where the would mount to the motor they are about an inch above the top of the frame. Can anyone help me with this

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Today is your lucky day as I'm finishing up for the night. Doing a 5.3/4L80E in my 87 Cutlass and using the ICT plates with sbc clamshells.
Here is the frame mounts positioned as intended. Also, what pan are you using? HTH, and give us an introduction with pics of your ride.
20190224_002652.jpg
20190224_002707.jpg
20190224_002417.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

1981 Cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
Today is your lucky day as I'm finishing up for the night. Doing a 5.3/4L80E in my 87 Cutlass and using the ICT plates with sbc clamshells.
Here is the frame mounts positioned as intended. Also, what pan are you using? HTH, and give us an introduction with pics of your ride. View attachment 106889 View attachment 106890 View attachment 106891
My mounts are right where yours are I still have the stock oil pan which clears everything. This 6.0l/4l80e is out of a 2007 Chevy express . Pics Will come later

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I posted this elsewhere recently, but try this. The rubber mounts inside the clamshells are clamped and permit some realignment. I assume the OEM mounts are unbolted. Reach in with a prybar below the rubber an lever down on the clamshell. You may be able to work them down to align with the frame holes. The other alternative is to pull the long bolts, lift the motor, bolt the OEM mounts to the frame, then gently drop the motor onto the mounts and lever the rubber inerts upward and outward.

1981 Cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
I posted this elsewhere recently, but try this. The rubber mounts inside the clamshells are clamped and permit some realignment. I assume the OEM mounts are unbolted. Reach in with a prybar below the rubber an lever down on the clamshell. You may be able to work them down to align with the frame holes. The other alternative is to pull the long bolts, lift the motor, bolt the OEM mounts to the frame, then gently drop the motor onto the mounts and lever the rubber inerts upward and outward.
I will give it a try but the are almost an inch off is therethat much give?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor