near london ontario canada
Re: going to the track sat but another what will she run gue

ya pulled it out to just test and see if maybe it would work, but nope

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

have you applied vacuum from another source to see if the diaphragm is working?

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

gonna pull the housing off again and try a diaphragm i have

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI

How do you know they aren't working? Good times by the way.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada

LS1GN said:
I agree with a gear change, but be forewarned, the gears might not be hurting you too much. DO NOT expect a huge change if you do a gear change only. And Khan is right, it might put you in a dead spot in 3rd too.

dido..... by staying in 2nd, your trap rpm @ 5800rpm is ideal for your cam/head combo.
if you go to higher gears, you'd be forced to use 3rd gear, in which case, you might not see those trap rpms.

with 3.42s, I'm seeing only 4500rpm thru the traps... can you imagine how much faster it'd be if I saw the rpms you're seeing in 2nd?

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

got it fixed, the diaphragm had a hole in it, right near the spring plate, glad i keep spare parts around, gonna go back to the track and retest it now that its working, car is nite and day different,wow is all i can say,i have a evil grin on my face that im sure will still be there tomorrow morning lol

i didnt know on track day, but i had some spark knock at the track when i was leaving the line that i didnt have on the street, so i started going over everything, when plugs timing and everything checked out, i did the paper clip test on it, and it didnt move, so i unhooked it and tested it with the lever not hooked up, and was no difference,

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

i know it will, but how much of a difference do u think times might be with 4 barrels working instead of just 2

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada

I'm still having a hard time believe you were running 103s with primaries...
... so I'm afraid to tell you what it'll run with secondaries working :shock:

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

i hear u, my spark knock is now gone when flooring it from a dead stop, and wow night and day, is all i can say, i ran 5 times 1 posted was my best, all others were 99mph, 100,102 and another 100mph,but all 60 foots were shitty,

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

Very good time with old junk heads and crappy gears. I ran similar 60 ft, 2.77-2.82 with radial ta's. With slicks, 2.1 60ft. Your mph is good, your 1/8 time equals mid 14's, you gained a lot on the last 1/8. With gears, slicks and tuning, low 13's should happen. Every time I improved one thing, something else crapped out. If I get a 9.54 in the 1/8 next weekend, I will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor