gotta give this guy credit for at least trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When I was that kid's age I had some dreams about cars so I never laugh at kids like him. We all have to start of somewhere and I probably thought my first car, a Volvo 124, was a real cool car.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
Isnt the seller alienating the 95% of potential buyers that arent high school students?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You must admit, this kid has got a good line o' sh*t. I always thought the Porsche 944 was a good candidate for an LS swap.

As in, swap it for something that came with or already has an LS, right?

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I've never been super impressed with Porsches. Give me a Vette over a Porsche any day!

But yeah, I guess you could give this guy credit for his BS shovelling abilities. Lol.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
def one of the better ads I've seen on there, rates up there with the "free ugly couch that's taken more loads than a maytag" ! :rofl:

if you guys ever do decide to try an LS swap in on of those, find an axle out of, or swap it it into a turbo 944... a standard 944 axle is like the 7.5 in ours, too much power, and it snaps like a twig... (perk of hanging out with a scca group!)

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
It's a lot cooler than what I drove in high school. I had a 1993 LeSabre that was literally the ugliest, loudest, rustiest pile of sh*t in the student lot. I only ever drove it to school and back home and somehow it got me through my sophomore and junior years.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've never been super impressed with Porsches. Give me a Vette over a Porsche any day!

But yeah, I guess you could give this guy credit for his BS shovelling abilities. Lol.
Opie,
You're comparing apples to oranges. A Porsche is a whole different animal. I was never particularly fond of the watercooled Porsches. I was always a fan of 356, 911, 914, 930, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Natasha instructed me to start shopping our 4 year old on what kind of car she wants for a first car - she'll be eligible for her license in about 12 years.

I can tell you it will NOT be a sh*t box 944.

A late-LT1/LS1 Corvette is more probable.

Reactions: 1 user

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I know a guy with a 944 turbo and he loves it. He's kept it in great shape and running really well, he takes it out racing with the Porsche club all the time. It isn't particularly fast but it handles really well and seems to be a fun car on a twisty road.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor