Gray Man, Inc.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
If you're talking about the TH-425 core, it's a deal.

If nobody buys it complete, it probably has a 34 element sprag and drum which is probably worth more than the trans complete....

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Shuttled more stuff over from my dad's shop. Also mounted up a less old spare for the Smell Camino to function test the equipment.

Can't remember if I mentioned it or not, my nephew bought a pretty unmolested one-owner 240Z a couple months ago. I found a set of era correct plates that I used to have on my Z. Also found a second set for my brother's too. They're ramping up to do both cars soon.

Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Fought a broken manifold bolt on my dad's GMC. We both got pretty shamed by the whole ordeal but finally got it out and chased. Managed to save the threads though. I've never been good at these repairs. Found 3 cracks in the manifold once it was off so a new one is on order.

Found more stuff to put on Craigslist too.

Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I had more. Sold about 10 of those Chilton books last time I went to the swap meet and gave my brother a stack of Datsun, VW, and Volvo manuals last week. I just want it all out of my way.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Fought a broken manifold bolt on my dad's GMC. We both got pretty shamed by the whole ordeal but finally got it out and chased. Managed to save the threads though. I've never been good at these repairs. Found 3 cracks in the manifold once it was off so a new one is on order.

Found more stuff to put on Craigslist too.
That's not any easy job. It don't care what anyone says. I know my back would be sore, my attitude bad and I'd be swearing.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Mostly I just bruised my ribs. The attitude and swearing were a given.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I never really put all my bikes to bed for the winter so since it was nice today I pressure washed the TWs, lubed them, and ran them out of gas. Then tucked them in the corner of the shop.

Backed the Chief out, fired it up and warmed it up. Then ran it out of gas before parking it for the winter. I'm seriously considering selling it in the spring.

Washed a couple cars too.

Also, just in case TURNA happens to check in, disco chicken horde wandered through my yard this afternoon. I counted 14 and it looks like at least 4 of the babies are (noisy, obnoxious) males.

And lastly, I'm still not dead yet.

• Happy
Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, a few reasons. First, it's the toy that I have the least sentimental attachment to. I didn't ride it much this year at all. I'm trying to streamline/simplify/downsize. I'm told there's a dark winter coming. The tax man never sleeps.

All that being said, I really like it. It runs great and (I think) looks good. I've wanted one for 20 years and finally found a good one that I could afford.

I ride the TWs a lot. The Cutlass was my grandparents' "goin' to town car." My '35 pickup was my first car. The Smell Camino technically belongs to my wife and she's too polite to sell it as long as her dad is alive. Really comes down to last hired -- first fired. I don't know, mostly just thinking out loud.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor