Gray Man, Inc.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Nothing beats the sound of an old flathead. Its like the ghosts of hot rodding escaping back into the world.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Only thing I'm not clear on is what those pipe looking things are sticking straight up out of the heads. Or are those for coolant?
Yeah, those are the water outlets to the top of the radiator. The inlets are in the side of the block below the front exhaust port and behind the motor mount. 2 in, 2 out.
20210816_140851.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've seen SBC engines mounted into a customized motorcycle frame.... is there any good reason you shouldn't stuff an orphan flathead Ford into one?
Nope. Honest Charley sold a few about 20 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That just looks like it belongs on some of those rides to the abandoned old stage stops, airports, and other cool places you go

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A chopper with flathead sound? Pretty cool. Really heavy, but pretty cool.

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Can't.
Resist.
Vintage.
Junk.

I called on the ad and it was described as ran when parked. When I got there I found out that it had a woodchipper attachment too. I may never use it, but now I have one.

And here's something I've never seen on a small engine -- 110v electric start.

I gave it a quick once-over and greased everything. All the belts are there but pretty old. The linkage and pulleys seem to be in workable shape. I need to clean the carb but it's got spark and compression. The electric start works great.

Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Can't.
Resist.
Vintage.
Junk.

I called on the ad and it was described as ran when parked. When I got there I found out that it had a woodchipper attachment too. I may never use it, but now I have one.

And here's something I've never seen on a small engine -- 110v electric start.

I gave it a quick once-over and greased everything. All the belts are there but pretty old. The linkage and pulleys seem to be in workable shape. I need to clean the carb but it's got spark and compression. The electric start works great.

Woodchippers can be handy.

square-1488561612-fargo-screengrab-polygram-entertainment.jpg

You don't need it until you need it. ;)

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Woodchippers can be handy.

View attachment 209439

You don't need it until you need it. ;)
You may need to borrow a bigger one for the larger-diameter pieces. And lesson learned a while back: don't clean it to like new condition and just return it. Run a bunch of actual brush through it so the rental company suspects nothing. Chipping into a lake with fish in it was in fact a good plan.

• Useful
  • Clever

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I cleaned the carb and it fired right up. Everything seems to work.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor