Gray Man, Inc.

Reactions: 1 users
Supervibe got an oil change, tires, and front brakes. If I haven't lost track. This was the 395,000 oil change. The odometer stops counting at 299,999. The trip odometer resets at 9999 so I've just been keeping a mental tally.
20231126_143647.jpg
20231126_153048.jpg
20211129_141243.jpg

I've got a pretty lengthy list of winter projects and I have parts for most of them. First one will be a top-end swap on the white TW -- I'm excising all the Chynuh parts I installed last winter. I honed the used OEM cylinder and lapped the valves before installing a new OEM XT225 cam and then upgraded the front support bushing to a Koyo bearing. The valves are adjusted and it's ready to bolt on.
20231126_170559.jpg
20231126_162241.jpg
20231126_165107.jpg
20231126_165837.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Just stock from ebay. Technically they may have been made in Brazil, no real way to know.

The previous combination was something I just wanted to try. It was a stock XT225 bottom end with a Chyknees 229cc cylinder and low compression piston. It had a new Chyknees YFM230 ATV head on top. In theory it should have added torque for low speed trail riding. In reality, there was no extra torque and it ran out of breath at 6000rpm. It also burned oil. I replaced the top end with OEM XT225 cylinder, piston, head, and cam, along with a new set of Japanese rings. I basically turned back it into a stock XT225.

This engine family has a lot of interchangeable parts between 200, 225, and 230cc models. Some combinations work better than others.

I've got more things planned for this bike, as well as the blue one. Stay tuned.

Reactions: 1 user
Just stock from ebay. Technically they may have been made in Brazil, no real way to know.

The previous combination was something I just wanted to try. It was a stock XT225 bottom end with a Chyknees 229cc cylinder and low compression piston. It had a new Chyknees YFM230 ATV head on top. In theory it should have added torque for low speed trail riding. In reality, there was no extra torque and it ran out of breath at 6000rpm. It also burned oil. I replaced the top end with OEM XT225 cylinder, piston, head, and cam, along with a new set of Japanese rings. I basically turned back it into a stock XT225.

This engine family has a lot of interchangeable parts between 200, 225, and 230cc models. Some combinations work better than others.

I've got more things planned for this bike, as well as the blue one. Stay tuned.
You set the standard on 'can-do'. Not to mention putting your ride to work. Those bikes are not show ponies. Keep up the adventure stories - both in the garage and on the trail.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Much appreciated. All the credit goes to Yamaha's engineers. They built a tough little platform and these were never intended for this kind of treatment. If you've ever taken a motorcycle safety class, chances are good you were on a TW200. They're the standard because they're so docile.

Much appreciated. All the credit goes to Yamaha's engineers. They built a tough little platform and these were never intended for this kind of treatment. If you've ever taken a motorcycle safety class, chances are good you were on a TW200. They're the standard because they're so docile.
What's pops up to these days?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor