Gray Man, Inc.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We pushed north and side stepped to Ukiah for burgers and more fuel. Then kept charging ahead. There were several blow-downs that had us overlanding into the brush to get around. View attachment 241933 View attachment 241934

Night 5 found us at Indian Lake. We were fortunate enough to get there early an dry out our gear. View attachment 241935
View attachment 241936
The next morning we were all eager to reach the end. We went over Summit Rd. which traverses the top of the Blue Mountains. The wild flowers were impressive. View attachment 241937
We were 30-40 miles from the end when I biffed. I was riding sweep and we were averaging 30mph. I don't remember going down, but came to getting up on my hands and knees. It took 3 or 4 tries to get the bike upright. Then I had to figure our which direction I came from and which way I was headed. Took me 15-20 minutes to catchup with the other guys. I was hurtin' for certain. View attachment 241938 View attachment 241939

View attachment 241940
We finished up at the Walla Walla airport and loaded up to transport home. The other guys had to unload my bike. Total miles, 981.

I slept like sh*t but was fortunate to get a chiropractor appointment this morning. Final tally was 5 separated ribs, tweaked neck, 2 partially dislocated shoulders, and torn muscles below my rotator cuff. All on the right side. He pushed everything back into place as well as possible. Now I need to take it easy and heal.

Bruised but not broken. Still not dead yet.
I hope you are feeling better soon! Amazing adventure! L-I-V-I-N!

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You know, if you really didn't want to have to do the transmission on the Supervenza there were MUCH easier ways to get out of it than taking a dive!

Glad to hear you're (relatively) OK though. Looked like a great trip and scenery overall up till that last part

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Man, I wish it was that simple. That chore still needs to be done. I'm going to attempt it on Sunday. I'll probably need some help with the heavy lifting.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Man, I wish it was that simple. That chore still needs to be done. I'm going to attempt it on Sunday. I'll probably need some help with the heavy lifting.
Might consider to invest heavily in braces - one for each shoulder, probably something for the torso, etc. Reaching up in the air is a great way for things to pop back out of place. Been there, done that. Takes a long time for it to stabilize and not want to move again, at least in my experience.

• Agree
Nov 4, 2012
I did all the front suspension stuff on the Lacrosse with a thrown out back. Minor injury compared to what your dealing with but it still made it difficult. I had to sit on the creeper and roll over the bench to pull myself up to stand.

Hope you heal up fast.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I have a follow-up appointment on Monday so I'm trying to get all the heavy R&R work done before that. Plus, temps are going over 110 by the end of next week. As much as I want to relax and heal, I have my reasons to just gut it out.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
You know best the limits of your own body. Just be mindful of pushing to hard and delaying the healing process.

Dont need a lingering ache to haunt you for a long time afterwords from pushing to hard.

• Agree

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
You know best the limits of your own body. Just be mindful of pushing to hard and delaying the healing process.

Dont need a lingering ache to haunt you for a long time afterwords from pushing to hard.
Preach

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

Only thing I'd add to that from many years of experience coping with a series of major injuries.... DONT take pain meds ot muscle relaxants for a good 8 hours before doing the work. Pain is your friend to know if you're overdoing it and doing more damage.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I already gave up whisky while I'm welding, but for different reasons. Good advice, just the same.

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor