HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
After cleaning my paint gun, I grabbed my custom lower front air dam. I dry sanded it with 400 and Sem Solved it. I shot it with black base coat and it fisheyed like crazy. Got pissed and wiped it down with urethane reducer. I reshot the black base and it flowed nicely. Don't know what the heck happened because I Sem Solved it before I sanded it and after. I got a few heavy coats of Matrix Matte Clear on it and set it in the garage with the rear bumper. It's lookin' like rain again. I just can't catch a break. I guess on the bright side, I got two things accomplished before lunch

Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I had this painted already but it had a very flat almost gray appearance. I scotchbrited it down and re shot it with SEM trim black through the paint gun. I like it better. It still has wet spots because I just shot it

20170816_141823_resized.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
bbarbulo, I very much appreciate you removing the pics. Very awesome of you. I have many build threads and look at them as a sort of build diary. So I like to keep it to just my build progress without arguments, pics of others stuff, or shoulda, woulda, coulda stuff from other builders. I'm no expert but have been building cars all my life and have my own way of doing things. I think the wood letters from Walmart are nice for .98 cents each. All I have is a jigsaw and trying to cutout letters with it would suck. Cost efficiency at it's finest for two bucks

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

bbarbulo

Apprentice
Dec 2, 2014
Windsor ON
no worries, really high end build that I've been following this whole time; was just trying to offer an alternative to get the right font. but i get it, documentation purposes, not soliciting input. do continue, I'll keep lurking :popcorn:

• Winner

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I have the rear bumper 80% 180 dry blocked. We had a heck of a storm last night and it's humid. I came in to put on shorts and a tank top because I was dripping sweat everywhere. How bout one of you guys call in sick and come over and help? :D Jason, Jared, Ken, Kevin, ????? There are others but don't know your real names. Must be certified on a buffer, comfortable in pink underwear, know how to cuss when something goes wrong, and buy my lunch. If you meet this criteria, send me a PM with your parole officers phone number for referencees I need the hood buffed out and mounted on the car, hood hinges painted, drivers seat foamed and recovered, rear bumper finished and upper door panel boards made :wax:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have the rear bumper 80% 180 dry blocked. We had a heck of a storm last night and it's humid. I came in to put on shorts and a tank top because I was dripping sweat everywhere. How bout one of you guys call in sick and come over and help? :D Jason, Jared, Ken, Kevin, ????? There are others but don't know your real names. Must be certified on a buffer, comfortable in pink underwear, know how to cuss when something goes wrong, and buy my lunch. If you meet this criteria, send me a PM with your parole officers phone number for referencees I need the hood buffed out and mounted on the car, hood hinges painted, drivers seat foamed and recovered, rear bumper finished and upper door panel boards made :wax:
Robert, I wish I could break away from work. I'd rather be there than here.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I put some carpet remnants to good use. I used a reproduction jack instructions decal for the chassis jack. This car originally had a bumper jack but changed it over. It's probably the only G body with a straight decal :D All of them I've seen have been crooked

20170817_144547_resized.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor