Head Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Cts-v pan also fits good from everything I have seen

Don't bother with the H3 or GM muscle car swap pan, it's worthless as far as improvement

x2 on the CTS-V pan. That's what I used, no ground clearance issues
I forgot about this one. I ruled it out because of the mid-sump pickup location. Probably nothing to be concerned about, but at the time I thought it might be an issue during wheels up moments..

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Is that what you're using. ? $260 is starting to sound closer to reasonable.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Summit 7 quart fabricated pan also fits nice.
Is that a cast pan or stamped steel? I read a bunch of hub bub about the stamped steel pans leaking, but I have never seen it or had anyone I know say they leaked - probably internet lore.

But the factory cast pans have one thing going for them, you have to try to get them to leak. Loose bolts, old reused 250K mile gaskets and they won't leak.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And CTV-S equals, I think, Cadillar Touring de Ville Sedan, or along that line?? So Cadillac Pan? Huh. Well that would be about either number one or number two on the all time unobtanium list around here. Even if one hit the dirt at the yard, I would probably have to buy the whole motor just to get the pan. i already have a Cadillac; forty years plus old and sleeping under its cover in Bay Three. Not a project ever unless I can find a 78 Coupe de Ville in Irredescent Blue that needs a motor for its saftey in which case "HMM, Could Be????

The only way I could score a Caddy pan, oh yeah, what year on that am I looking for??, is if the border opens and I can make a run south. STill not happening and no sign of it ever about to for maybe another year!! And yeah, plus one on the $$$ for the Holley or generic equiv. The Hummer pan around here also falls onto the un-ob list at around number three.

Oh, yeah, I did hit the yard and grab the under-the-hold fuse block. Turns out that it shares the same size with the V-6 block but nothing else, Relays and fuses are all in different places and the v-8 has more of both. Going to have to return to get the base/chassis for it as well simply because the S-10 chassis is totally different for size and mounting.

Did manage to get the fiddly little bit that connects the cruise control to the throttle body; another one of those cute little horsehoe clips only in plastic and so small that it took a jewellers screw driver to tease out of its pocket.

So if I want to go with the LS-6 intake, it has to be a complete system that includes the matching fuel rails and injectors? Okay good to know, sort of narrows down the field when surfing E-Bay or Craigslist or Kijiji or ?? Againg, it'd be nice to be able to run down the road and hit a decent swap meet but, and again, no joy there.

Last edited:

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
And CTV-S equals, I think, Cadillar Touring de Ville Sedan, or along that line?? So Cadillac Pan? Huh. Well that would be about either number one or number two on the all time unobtanium list around here. Even if one hit the dirt at the yard, I would probably have to buy the whole motor just to get the pan. i already have a Cadillac; forty years plus old and sleeping under its cover in Bay Three. Not a project ever unless I can find a 78 Coupe de Ville in Irredescent Blue that needs a motor for its saftey in which case "HMM, Could Be????

The only way I could score a Caddy pan, oh yeah, what year on that am I looking for??, is if the border opens and I can make a run south. STill not happening and no sign of it ever about to for maybe another year!! And yeah, plus one on the $$$ for the Holley or generic equiv. The Hummer pan around here also falls onto the un-ob list at around number three.

Oh, yeah, I did hit the yard and grab the under-the-hold fuse block. Turns out that it shares the same size with the V-6 block but nothing else, Relays and fuses are all in different places and the v-8 has more of both. Going to have to return to get the base/chassis for it as well simply because the S-10 chassis is totally different for size and mounting.

Did manage to get the fiddly little bit that connects the cruise control to the throttle body; another one of those cute little horsehoe clips only in plastic and so small that it took a jewellers screw driver to tease out of its pocket.

So if I want to go with the LS-6 intake, it has to be a complete system that includes the matching fuel rails and injectors? Okay good to know, sort of narrows down the field when surfing E-Bay or Craigslist or Kijiji or ?? Againg, it'd be nice to be able to run down the road and hit a decent swap meet but, and again, no joy there.
An LS6 intake bare, without rails or anything, usually goes for about $400 US, give or take. With rails, and maybe a few misc items in old expect closer to $550 if stock injectors are included

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY

There is a guy on LS1 Tech that usually sells loaded LS-6 intakes from kuwait for 300-400 loaded. Thats where i bought my last one.
Is that a cast pan or stamped steel? I read a bunch of hub bub about the stamped steel pans leaking, but I have never seen it or had anyone I know say they leaked - probably internet lore.

But the factory cast pans have one thing going for them, you have to try to get them to leak. Loose bolts, old reused 250K mile gaskets and they won't leak.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3612b?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAjw49qKBhAoEiwAHQVTo4eYtjAqqLjs66NDHNsPa0NVnp2sTO_ZMm7tHKAeT4iPcSIteC46MBoCrGgQAvD_BwE

Myself and a couple of friends have used this one in mustangs and g bodies and they do not leak.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada

If a TBSS intake will work for hood clearance, there is one on Kijiji in Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor