BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Last edited:

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
ok thanks.i've got aftermarket h4's in there now and they blow so I'm looking forward to brighter future.
hopefully I'll remember the wire trick when the time comes :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
ok thanks.i've got aftermarket h4's in there now and they blow so I'm looking forward to brighter future.
hopefully I'll remember the wire trick when the time comes :)
If you have H4 housings, your bulb choices are almost endless.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
hmm i never thought of that..I've got the 60/55w bulbs and i'm just not impressed with it all.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Do you mean the review on E-bay at the bottom of the ad for these LED head lights?

Yes, that's my GN and my review .
yup.gif
I didn't know they posted it.

in your review you said you had to aim the lenses so the other drivers are not blinded. Do the lenses not create a pattern with a cut off line?

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
in your review you said you had to aim the lenses so the other drivers are not blinded. Do the lenses not create a pattern with a cut off line?

When I first purchased them, I had some concern about blinding oncoming drivers, based primarily on what I'd read that others had posted, but I had no problem aiming them properly. I say properly because no one has ever flashed their high beams at me in the two years since I installed them, so I guess it's really not an issue. All I know is they are very much brighter than stockers and a worthwhile upgrade. Have you changed yours yet?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When I first purchased them, I had some concern about blinding oncoming drivers, based primarily on what I'd read that others had posted, but I had no problem aiming them properly. I say properly because no one has ever flashed their high beams at me in the two years since I installed them, so I guess it's really not an issue. All I know is they are very much brighter than stockers and a worthwhile upgrade. Have you changed yours yet?

I have 4 Hella conserion lenses with 4300k bi xenon (hi/lo HID) and 6000k HID for the high beam. For the hi/llo I use an H4 conversion lense so I get the light pattern I like and for the hi beams I have an H1 conversion lenses which has the pattern I like for eh hi beam. The Hella lenses have a good beam pattern so they do not blind any incoming traffic with the headlight adjusted at my friends shop using the tool to properly align the headlights. I had cheap lenses years ago and had to point them down so theyu didn't bother anyone. With the Hella's beign properly adjusted I can see futher down the road and I have never out driven my lights at night. The Hella lenses are not cheap but worth every penny and like they say you only get what you pay for

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The one thing I like about the Stark kit that BOXCARS posted is they're glass housings. Those are getting hard to find anymore. They weather a lot better than plastic. Stay clear for a long, long time. (y)

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The one thing I like about the Stark kit that BOXCARS posted is they're glass housings. Those are getting hard to find anymore. They weather a lot better than plastic. Stay clear for a long, long time. (y)
Hellas are glass, too. (maybe the same?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor