Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
No, sorry for the confusion but you must have misunderstood what I was trying to say.
When hi beams are activated (in addition to the 2 Hi Beams) the two low beam headlights stay on so you will have all 4 going (2 hi beams & 2 low beams)

I didn't misunderstand what you said. I would want all hi beams working to give me the best light possible and they should have a hi/lo beam for the prices they are charging. When my 4 hid are on hi beam they are all on hi and that does not turn off the low beam since I have reflective housings

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
They are definitely a lot of cool 4x6 options out there now, I jumped in a little too early and while I really like what I have some of the new stuff makes me jelly

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
$70 on Ebay
yup.gif

Attachments

• Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 178
  • 6000k LED.jpg
    6000k LED.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 182

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I got Ebay Glass ones.. and 55W Xeon H4's for them.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=223094997289

Didnt use the bulbs that came with them (they were a bit crappy). Used two of these instead:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=352503088036

About $61 wrapped up in the whole thing. The Glass housings are a tight fit.. if I wanted them to fit better, I would have to bend the metal behind them a bit.. didn't bother, I could get the screws in.

Just put the set in without hiding the wires to make sure they worked, etc.. I had a trip for the holiday to get thru and needed them. I will get around to making it look pretty when it warms up a little.

-Gonz

Holy poop sauce!! A grand for headlights is redonkulous!
That’s about the average cost for a new headlight in the newer vehicles. We had a new Lexus RX350 in the shop that hit a deer, a new headlight was $4500.00!! $9k repair and half was the headlight.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That’s about the average cost for a new headlight in the newer vehicles. We had a new Lexus RX350 in the shop that hit a deer, a new headlight was $4500.00!! $9k repair and half was the headlight.

when I blew my T5 WC a few years ago my daughter inlaw asked me if I was going to scrap the car......when I explained to her my transmission repair would cost less than a headlight on her new SUV she was more than slightly shocked...but there is no need to spend a grand on headlights for a G body, even if you have the money to waste

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
My Malibu ain't a Lexus. Factory HID setups can be quite expensive but that is no kind of reason to spend 300% more money to realize maybe 10% improvement in lighting.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yeah those new headlights are just ridiculous in price, some are very nice looking but no reason that they should be that much. I think its almost the planned obsolescence of cars, so when they are wrecked they are totaled and a new one is purchased. Between that and the airbags they make most repairs right at the 50% cost rate for totaling. Whereas our cars the headlights aren't anything crazy, some of those built in units are starting to get a little crazy. I'm looking at getting an H2 and customizing some of it, I thought it was crazy that people want $700 for their 7" round headlight sets. I'm still seeing if there is something I can find that I like that isn't crazy priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor