hello fellow wagon lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Hey Kev, I bought the car last fall from a guy thats had it for few years and apparently he got it from some guy in Sask. there was no way i could have done another wagon i have to get it to the shape that this one is in for the price i paid, so it was defiantly a good deal and a great car to start with the mods with. I am still looking for a cluster with the factory round gauges and tach, and a floor console

I'm almost certain that was the one listed out here...I had a few Malibu's at the time or would have maybe looked into it. Nice find!

I've got a cluster here from an 86 Monte SS...the gauges are a little more colorful than the early ones. I see I don't have a pic of it but I can get some and PM them over. I'm down to one console here right now but and would like to hang on to it for now. I have two Malibu coupes lined up that I will likely part out...both are bucket console cars.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
ya for sure, take some pics and send em to me, and keep me in mind for the console... I went and looked at buckets and console this past weekend but they were in rough shape. I have found some buckets in a 90's style blazer that are pretty comfy and I am gonna measure out the console to see how it would fit and look in the wagon before I grab em

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
well i finally got some time and installed the motor back into place, rebuilt the starter, altenator, and shined up the brackets... I left the th350 alone for now along with the rearend, which I looked into and found its a 256 gearing, no wonder it was like flogging a dead horse.... gonna head back to the bone yard and see what I can find.

Attachments

• 20150501_221604.jpg
    20150501_221604.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 242

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
well its been longer than expected, but its finally back on the road and sounding good... hoods painted and put on, exhaust installed and rumbling the way I wanted, bucket seats are in but just need to be recovered, roof rack is removed and ready for a sunroof. going in for window tint in the near future, and just a few more minor tune ups to get it running a bit better.

20150722_155857.jpg 20150722_155701.jpg 20150714_174140.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
well its been longer than expected, but its finally back on the road and sounding good... hoods painted and put on, exhaust installed and rumbling the way I wanted, bucket seats are in but just need to be recovered, roof rack is removed and ready for a sunroof. going in for window tint in the near future, and just a few more minor tune ups to get it running a bit better.

View attachment 42326 View attachment 42327 View attachment 42328
Damn, that's one sexy lookin' family hauler you got there sir!
Nice job, would love to see and hear it in person one day. Fine work, get some miles on her and let us know how she does. Congrats on getting it going!

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, Bro.
Nice to see that you got it together and driveable ...nice upgrades, too.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good!

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Nice job!

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
well I have put on close to 600 kms on the new motor, everything seems to be going well. a few issues with the new 670 holley carb, so I changed the jets from 65 to 63 and replaced the vacuum secondary spring with a heavier one, its better but it still has a bit of a stumble off the line. I have a another 390 holley carb with no vac ports and mechanical secondary that I might tried real quick and the motor came to life, so I might just throw it back on in the near future... I gave the valves a quick adjust and changed out the break in oil and checked all the connections and bolts, and I think I am ready for the first long distance cruise... I will be heading down this labour day long weekend to BigFork Montana for a awesome show n shine that I have been to before, so that should be a good run for the car. with the stock th350 and 2:56 gears it should be decent on gas... I will post some show pics when the wife and I get back....

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor