Hellwig Frame FX Kit for ’68-’72 Chevelle-G Body Kit Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: Hellwig Frame FX Kit for ’68-’72 Chevelle-G Body Kit Nex

rwolf15241 said:
I was told the kit is $ 375, I would not waste my time to copy it!! Just buy it.. Call Hellwig about the G body Kit!! I'm in line the first Kit!!

$375 is not bad, especially if you don't have the skills, tools or time to do your own. I am still curious as to how the mount deal will turn out.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

On this design, I like how they made the inner boxing parts like the convertible. It would be cool to see that for the g-body, where the boxing is the same profile from the front stock part, all the way to the rear. I have been tossing around doing mine like this, instead of the traditional way of just adding plate to the channel.

rwolf15241

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013

They are still working on the details of the FX kit for the G body!!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

After looking at a few pictures of a malibu on my lift, I can see that making the fram nice and wide, like the front portion before the transmission xmember, may not be possible with the stock rear floorpans. They hang low an are close the the existing frame. Hmmm, I will have to get up under the car and sneek a peek, it is just too cold.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

They do have access holes that would be hard to duplicate at home. Not everyone can press cut oval holes and square holes would be stress risers.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

X3, i have a plasma cutter, so the holes are easy to do.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Clone TIE Pilot said:
They do have access holes that would be hard to duplicate at home. Not everyone can press cut oval holes and square holes would be stress risers.

You don't need those access holes, I cut a V for the body bushing and ran my fuel and brake lines on the front of the plates. One of the reasons for doing projects like this yourself is so you can buy the tools you need with the money you save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor