HELP! my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
andrewmp6 said:
to get it that low youll gonna have to do one huge c notch in the back say bye to your trunk and back seat.
yeah I know, I saw some c-notched cars' interiors, they still got the backseat.. but no trunk, but I don't care bout that ^^

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
so anybody got pics and links to c-notched g-body frames?? because I still don't know what I do with the trailing arms and stuff with the rear axle, where to fit in the bags and all other suspension stuff around the c-notches.

pics would be the best explaination for me, because I don't understand some technical-english words sometimes.. or you guys can paint & post some helpful sketches that could help me.. :| ;)

thanks guys!!!! 8)

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
CruizinKev said:
so anybody got pics and links to c-notched g-body frames?? because I still don't know what I do with the trailing arms and stuff with the rear axle, where to fit in the bags and all other suspension stuff around the c-notches.

pics would be the best explaination for me, because I don't understand some technical-english words sometimes.. or you guys can paint & post some helpful sketches that could help me.. :| ;)

thanks guys!!!! 8)

There was a link earlier in the thread with step by step pics of notching the rear frame.

Edit: heres the link:
http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwne ... leid=28125
722200465704PM56811.jpg

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA

87AeroSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2006
Wisconsin
Here is the frame for my monte. I am using a suicide doors universal notch kit and modifing it to work.
100_1230.jpg

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
id just order a triangulated 4 link kit and weld that on. all the stock links wouldnt work unless you move the mounts up.

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
@bourbon yeah thx for that link :)

@87AeroSS cool, I already seen that pic.. any progress on this?? I appreciate it if you could show some more pics of your work till you got the frame done. you're just the only person I talk to who works on the same thing that I wanna do too :wink: 8) ...what you'll do with the trailing arms/links? bridge?

@andrewmp6 yeah that sounds good, but where to mount the 4-link things? I thought I just usw the stock mounts, but make some new links.. but I don't know if that would work..

plz keep me posted guys, I need all infos & pics about to complete a g-body frame with c-notch and rear suspension! I wanna start with work on this VERY soon! I just removed yesterday the monte body off my frame so ;)

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
CruizinKev said:
?

@andrewmp6 yeah that sounds good, but where to mount the 4-link things? I thought I just usw the stock mounts, but make some new links.. but I don't know if that would work..

You could get upper and lower trailing arms with hiem joints in them and that improves the angle movement which would let the arms go up farther without binding.
ones like this:
832401430.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor