HELP! my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
alright, so i dont want to cut anything. if i dont, how low do you figure i will sit all around. will it be even? i dont want to have spent 2k on a airride if it will lower it as much as lowering springs.maybe i would cut the bump stops, but thats it. would that do anything for me?

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
look at the pics i posted, thats sitting on bump stops, i would avoid metal on metal if it were me. get some nice energy suspension ones that are shorter maybe...

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
thats a really good drop for just sitting on bumps. you didnt cut them?

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
found this here:

malibu01x.jpg

anybody know what rims are these??

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
that guy is on layitlow.com, i cant remember what wheels they are, but **** is that nice.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
bump stops are untouched, they are however the original ones.... there might not be much of them left by now, lol. last time i checked they all looked alright. i am replacing them with some urithane ones that are a little lower. f*ck rubber bushings, they suck, cars should come stock with urithane ones!

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
to get it that low youll gonna have to do one huge c notch in the back say bye to your trunk and back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor