Here ya go boys and girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A car like that needs to be driven and not garage art what a sin. For an original 8 mile car why does it have a aftermarket oil filter?
Silly! You have to change oil every 3,000 miles or every 12 months whichever comes first! :)

Reactions: 1 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Silly! You have to change oil every 3,000 miles or every 12 months whichever comes first! :)
Makes you wonder how many miles it really has. Maybe it still has gas in it from 1987 that has to be worth $2000.00

• Haha

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Cureless on here has the right idea. His GNX has been on a couple Power Tour's and gets drove. He bought another car just for the drive train. Last I talked to him, he is going to put the original engine on a run stand and build up the Grand National engine for the car. A mildly built Grand National engine will wax a GNX engine. I buy stuff for me to enjoy and I don't care what happens to it when I am gone!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I always said that I'd never own a car that I was afraid to drive, whether it be afraid of parking lot dents, careless drivers, or too much power.... having said that, I'd be lying if I said that I'd never want to own a GNX given the right circumstances... thing is, I'd really be like the previous owners of these, afraid of harming a such a rare piece of history, hence, I'll never own one...

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So how many of these low mile gems are going to just keep popping up. Seems like out of 547 about 300 were moth balled & never enjoyed. Just think of the investment needed to get it to a regular driver. As said before all those moth ball years are not good for alot of parts. Hell at 8 miles it has yet to be properly broke in as like the others.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I guess I'm happy that a few have been preserved but as others have said, $100k+ for something you can't drive? It's not for me. I'd much rather have 3 or 4 drivers for half the investment. I had a friend in high school who's step-dad had a GNX. I wish I had paid better attention to it. I don't remember what number it was but I remember the plate on the dash. I thought it was neat but I couldn't have one and couldn't even ride in it so I was far more interested in my friends 79 T Type with a 455. I was also more interested in the first gen ZR1 Vette and plan old Grand National that his step-dad drove. Cool car guys. They didn't drive the GNX. It sat in a climate controlled garage specially made for the car in the back yard. They took it to the Autorama every year. I didn't get it then. I don't get it now.

I didn't start hanging out with Charlie until my senior year. We lost touch after graduation. I've often wondered if they still have the GNX.

Reactions: 1 user

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
This lives down the road from me. 100 miles.

He bought it at Mecum, has never driven it.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 109

dfast1

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2018
" The seller has not added any miles in 17 years of ownership."

Should read: "The seller has wasted this car for 17 years of ownership"

I get keeping 1 or 2 dead stock low miles for posterity, but what fun is it to own something you can never enjoy as intended? And do we really need 100 low mile examples?

I completely agree!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor