Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
As a life long GM guy, I'm really disappointed with what's become of GM. They learned nothing from the near death experience the company had in 2008. There isn't a single product I would go out and buy, which is stunning considering the awesome stuff they were putting out 15 years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
As a life long GM guy, I'm really disappointed with what's become of GM. They learned nothing from the near death experience the company had in 2008. There isn't a single product I would go out and buy, which is stunning considering the awesome stuff they were putting out 15 years ago.
I 99% agree with you...except for Corvette. I'd still drive one of those.

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
'19 is still front engine. C8 is supposed to be mid.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
'19 is still front engine. C8 is supposed to be mid.
Yup. Debuts next month. AND.....this is going to piss off some folks......the ECU from what I've heard is supposed to be locked....I.e., no tune changes! There will likely be a workaround, but how easy it will be, who knows.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Yup. Debuts next month. AND.....this is going to piss off some folks......the ECU from what I've heard is supposed to be locked....I.e., no tune changes! There will likely be a workaround, but how easy it will be, who knows.
Someone will figure it out. I bet the mid engine is a performance monster, itll catch on just like fuel injection eventually did with hot rodders.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
If Mexico doesn't get their act together by October, people will be paying 25% more for those Blah-zers. Don't think GM wants that.

Now GM has some real incentive to either take care of stuff at the border or start making things in the US again. Fine by me either way.

I'm with you. I am genuinely surprised they have retained as much market share as they have.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I 99% agree with you...except for Corvette. I'd still drive one of those.
The C7 is a great car but it's a bit too gadget laden and the styling doesn't do it for me. Next it will be mid-engine and that's not a Vette, to me. There are lots of older Vettes I'd rather have: 55, 62, 69, 82 (resto-modded).

I like the old Vipers better. Here's enough power to get you in trouble and it's up to you to stay out of trouble. No nanny gear.

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I work with a bunch of former Chysler guys. They all have stories about Vipers getting guys in trouble.

FWIW, Zora wanted the Corvette to go mid engine 50 years ago. I'm okay with the change.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor