Not open for further replies.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hooked up

1.6719 60...4.9636..330 and 7.7563 1/8 @88.18

the reason i'am a little scared is i burned a hole in #7 in my 350
i think maybe the fuel pressure could of been the problem, i only used 75 off the line and hit a 100 in third gear i was able to make two passes before it blew a hole in my piston
so i'am going to put a fuel pressure shut off before i use it again, also i didn't back off my timing because they said a 100 shot wouldn't be enough to hurt the motor :roll:

the engine is solid less than a thousand miles on it ...the bottom is a eagle forged stroker with h-beam forged rods and forged srp 11.0 to 1 pistons so it should work but you can bet that i'll lower the timing this time!!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
JESSE, when you blew a piston how warm was the bottle?. I know of one guy with a stang who tried to give it a shot but since the bottle was cold he didn't get a full shot which spiked the temp and blew a hole in a piston...the only good thing that came out of this was it happened to a stang... :p

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hooked up

your a bad bad man :D the temp was around 70 degrees and no bottle warmer.....i don't have much experience with N2O, the system that i put together has the ability to put a 250 shot on the motor...
the reason i went with the dual stage was the ability to use a little shot off the line and after i get to third i'll be able to hit it with what ever shot i want and maybe save the transmission...it not having to put up with to much hp during shifts.....at least thats the plan :roll:

i really don't know what burnt the hole..i've always been told that it's the lack of fuel that causes a lean condition and i thought maybe the fuel pressure droped and i didn't know and burnt it up :cry:

so you can bet i'am going to install a fuel pressure shutoff switch before i use it again...

pontiacgp.... do you know anything about N2O or access to someone that knows N2O?

shotgun..... do you use spray?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
pontiacgp, not trying to pick on you , really, but your buddy got his story wrong.

Low pressure would cause less n2o to be injected, which would make it rich not lean.

May wash down the walls but should not burn anything.

Jesse, have not played with N20 since high school.

Mostly likely you went lean on fuel.

You are "about" 400 on motor + 250 on the bottle.

Is your fuel sytem up to 650HP?

If you need any parts, I am a Cold Fusion dealer.

Reactions: 1 user

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hooked up

shotgun..i'am running a holley blue pump set at 7 1/2 pounds....i know in a perfect world with a big budget i should run a separate pump for N2O so the best i can do is put a shut off switch if pressure goes low....

do you think that i should try a little higher on my regulator?

cnc motorsports said my bottom can handle 750hp with no problems, i just don't want to burn it up....jesse

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Yikes, you barely have enough pump to feed your motor let alone N2O.

Assuming the rest of the system is good, #8 or 1/2 " line, no sharp bends,proper filterS etc., you will be lucky to "support" 350 hp with that pump.

A easy rule of thumb is take the output of the pump at the pressure you are running times 4 for a deadhead or times 5 for a return style.

The key here is AT THE PRESSURE YOU ARE RUNNING.

A holley 110 (blue) is rated a 110 freeflow, great 110 x 4 = 440 hp, not so.

Mallory gives a flow chart with their pumps, the most I could find for Holley is 88gph @ 9 psi for the blue.

Even at 9 psi, which is too high a pressure, the blue will only support 352hp (4x88).

I am right at the limit with my Mallory 140.
At 7.5# it puts out 125gph.
125x5(return style regulator)= 625, which is where my engine dynoed.
I can "get away" with it because my system has less then 2 psi backpressure at freeflow plus the Dominator holds more fuel in reserve.
Also have a large fuel filter in the engine bay also holding pressurized fuel in reserve.

You need another pump at minimum.
A second blue would be your cheapest bet, i might have one laying around for next to nothing.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hooked up

thanks for all of the help shotgun.... if you find that pump let me know cause i will buy it....

in my heart i knew that it had to be to lean!!! the directions said at around 100 shot you didn't have to add a deditated pump for the N2O :roll:

i really do want to hit the spray just a few times for some pay back!!! :twisted:

the 350 that i burned up had stock vortec heads and a 262 comp cam running 12.90 on the motor...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
shotgun, as I understand it a cold bottle or one with low pressure will affect the nitrogen more than the oxygen. With less nitrogen to cool the cylinder down and buffer the increased pressure there's a chance to burn a piston.

And I never consider anyone picking on me when they're sharing knowledge.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
All I ever ended up with was fouled plugs (rich), maybe just lucky.

I quick shot with the torch, to the plugs not bottle and it was good.

Jess you got a PM

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hooked up

back at ya!! we got nice weather today...high near 70 and low of 59 so we're going racing :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor