How do you guys fund your G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Hey fellow machinist! I'm with GE now but before this I was with BNSF.
We get quite a few BNSF units in the shop! Im lucky I got in when I did because the talk of the town is pointing towards potential lay offs. CSX has been shutting down a few shops I guess. Probably doesn't help we are in the middle of a $160 million, 5 year expansion!

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
We get quite a few BNSF units in the shop! Im lucky I got in when I did because the talk of the town is pointing towards potential lay offs. CSX has been shutting down a few shops I guess. Probably doesn't help we are in the middle of a $160 million, 5 year expansion!

Yea CSX Corbin yard closed a couple weeks ago. I made the jump to GE since it was the same pay, I don't get dirty, and much better vacation/sick/personal days. CP already tried buying CSX but they got turned down so maybe NS will take a stab. NS isn't going anywhere! Your biggest competition was CSX and they are out of the picture lol its all you guys now

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Yea CSX Corbin yard closed a couple weeks ago. I made the jump to GE since it was the same pay, I don't get dirty, and much better vacation/sick/personal days. CP already tried buying CSX but they got turned down so maybe NS will take a stab. NS isn't going anywhere! Your biggest competition was CSX and they are out of the picture lol its all you guys now
Yea atleast on the east side of the country lol!

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Tooling engineer for the worlds largest auto interiors company. I work with most all the major OEM's and travel globally to support various program launches. Currently working on the new Lincoln Continental, BMW X3, Mercedes A/B class and Toyota Tacoma. I've been in the plastics manufacturing industry for over 30 years and have seen a lot of change. I know the guy that owned DPM who molded most of our G body parts for GM back in the day.

Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I know the guy that owned DPM who molded most of our G body parts for GM back in the day.
I sorely wish reproduction interior parts were offered in vinyl like the originals, not this crappy thermoplastic that cracks on the first speedbump...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I go out to Alberta and work in the Western Canada oil patch.
I can make 3 X what I can make at home driving a truck.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Union Local 26 electrical foreman here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor