How (NOT) to raise your car for bigger rims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Lol the jack is there because he knows its going to get used when the whole thing buckles or else he'd have matching bricks, but it's on a Lincoln so I'd like to see it make around the block before the bricks crumble and the rims go thru the top of the fender hahaha

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
But if he had 2 jacks he could adjust the ride height, what was he thinking.

• Winner
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Likes the rattle-can red, doesn't he? I bet the local fuzz love those red headlamp lenses

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Opens thread thinking: Please don't be me... please don't be me...

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have to say, that is the go to jack. Should have grabbed it. Last summer, while at the track, I was swapping tires and running that thing with a cordless impact. 3 different guys borrowed it from me before I left.

I’ve been looking for another for some time.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have to say, that is the go to jack. Should have grabbed it. Last summer, while at the track, I was swapping tires and running that thing with a cordless impact. 3 different guys borrowed it from me before I left.

Don't trust them. In the early 90's my brother was putting brake pads on his girlfriend's Toyota Tercel(?) (Mid 80's car?). He was using the factory scissor jack with no jack stand (poor boy). He didn't have the tire under the car for added safety. He was probably 22 years old with a lot to learn. Without warning all the threads sheared off of the jack screw and the car came crashing down. Thankfully his legs weren't under the car when it let go.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

I just cut the drive end off and weld a nut to it. I only use them on hard surfaces, and only to get low stuff high enough to get a floor jack under.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor