HRDW21

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Educate me, if you have the patience. Was Bruce's low 12's too slow to continue or did something break?

He isn't really in the running to win anything. He is in NA big block so there is pretty wild BBC's in the 9's in that class.

Must have had it in R instead of 1st and the car shot back 30 feet on the launch. I hope the driveline is OK!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
He isn't really in the running to win anything. He is in NA big block so there is pretty wild BBC's in the 9's in that class.

Must have had it in R instead of 1st and the car shot back 30 feet on the launch. I hope the driveline is OK!
Unfortunately it’s not.

Last night I fought with the tune and made a different boost building strategy……..and……..I fubar’d pretty good. The 1st in I got it in the chip at 3500 and it started to build boost, then I lost rpms down to 3000 and let it go at 2 psi. I double fubar’d in that crap because I didn’t lift quick enough and I ran a 10.8 or 10.9. So the next run I reworked the boost build and launch retard and it was better and I stood on the brake pedal to get a 12.3 or somewhere there about to ha e a legal pass. The 3rd run I did better and lifted the front end for 10-20 fr and ran a 6.4 1/8th. I left a bunch in the table at the hit, the afr and rpm. It’s going to get better from here - FINALLY wtf.

Better than all of that, I spoke to ole Bob and we are going to meet up tomorrow. Hopefully Jake will be there as well. I wish Bruce would be, but……..

Reactions: 3 users

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Unfortunately it’s not.

Last night I fought with the tune and made a different boost building strategy……..and……..I fubar’d pretty good. The 1st in I got it in the chip at 3500 and it started to build boost, then I lost rpms down to 3000 and let it go at 2 psi. I double fubar’d in that crap because I didn’t lift quick enough and I ran a 10.8 or 10.9. So the next run I reworked the boost build and launch retard and it was better and I stood on the brake pedal to get a 12.3 or somewhere there about to ha e a legal pass. The 3rd run I did better and lifted the front end for 10-20 fr and ran a 6.4 1/8th. I left a bunch in the table at the hit, the afr and rpm. It’s going to get better from here - FINALLY wtf.

Better than all of that, I spoke to ole Bob and we are going to meet up tomorrow. Hopefully Jake will be there as well. I wish Bruce would be, but……..

Looked strong today! Camera stayed on you really nice too - I REALLY wish you can just run it full out. I want to see it fly out the big end!! (can't wait for Friday for that)

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well that's a turd sandwich. I guess I'll see if it limps to Byron or not....

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Looked strong today! Camera stayed on you really nice too - I REALLY wish you can just run it full out. I want to see it fly out the big end!! (can't wait for Friday for that)
Thanks - me too lol.

I did discover that I’m cutting too much out in the hit. Hopefully tomorrow I can work that out and hit it a bunch harder. I ran 1.58 60’ and it felt slow lol -
These tracks are really sticky compared to what I’ve ran in the past.

I might be out of tire by Friday though - my M/T Street SS are looking like R’s almost lol

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm guessing, because we didn't speak directly, but the trans won't take a reverse hit or burn out - it broke :(

• Sad

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Isn't reverse what broke before he did all that work last year?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Isn't reverse what broke before he did all that work last year?
Yes. The same thing happened. He went to give it a hit and was in reverse.😕

• Wow
  • Sad

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Bruce sent me this photo with the caption DNF.

1631758545255.png

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor