Iceman Crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
that's what I was hoping to hear. What trans are you running?

I have a Doug Nash 4+1 5 speed manual trans.
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I remember when I bought mine I talked to Rick "Iceman" Fisher and he told me that a buddy of his had a 1200 HP drag car running one of his crossmembers and there were no problems with it.
Guy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
There is all kinds of room for the exhaust.
If photobucket was still free I would put a picture on here so you could see how mine looks.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I've had one of the Iceman crossmembers for many years now,and any stories about them sagging are total BS.
I can do chin ups off of mine and there is ZERO deflection.
IMO,it is a really nice peice.
Guy

Old thread but still alive....when you ordered your crossmember did they ship it to you in NS?. I emailed them recently and they replied, they asked me what transmission I had and my zip code, I gave them the info and my postal code and have not heard back so I'm thinking maybe they don't ship over the the border.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Old thread but still alive....when you ordered your crossmember did they ship it to you in NS?. I emailed them recently and they replied, they asked me what transmission I had and my zip code, I gave them the info and my postal code and have not heard back so I'm thinking maybe they don't ship over the the border.
I'm in the states and it took a few weeks for me to get mine. Im guessing they are made upon order and it takes him time to make it

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm in the states and it took a few weeks for me to get mine. Im guessing they are made upon order and it takes him time to make it

Thanks. they havn't asked for any payment so I don't think they have started making it yet...

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I had an Iceman on my 81 Malibu . SBC and a 700r transmission. It sagged and bounced. I put a 1/2'' aluminum block on the trans mount to clear the factory brace behind the transmission. Still would bounce and hit the floorpan. Sold it and havethe factory crossmember on it now. I guess down the road I'll spend the bucks for an upgrade.

timo22

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor