Iceman Crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Old thread but still alive....when you ordered your crossmember did they ship it to you in NS?. I emailed them recently and they replied, they asked me what transmission I had and my zip code, I gave them the info and my postal code and have not heard back so I'm thinking maybe they don't ship over the the border.

Yeah they shipped mine to Nova Scotia.
I don't recall any issues when I bought it.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Maybe the guy who was complaining was running a 4" exhaust....

Heres a picture of mine,I have lots of room,but I'm only running a 2 1/2 inch exhaust

Exhauston006 (2016_04_18 13_36_38 UTC).jpg

Guy

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Old thread but still alive....when you ordered your crossmember did they ship it to you in NS?. I emailed them recently and they replied, they asked me what transmission I had and my zip code, I gave them the info and my postal code and have not heard back so I'm thinking maybe they don't ship over the the border.

By the way Steve,welcome back,I haven't seen you on here lately ..
Guy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Heres a picture of mine,I have lots of room,but I'm only running a 2 1/2 inch exhaust

View attachment 110776

Guy

Thanks, I like that one and sent a picture of it so hopefully they'll get back to me soon...I picked up another bellhousing so I can get rid the angle of the F body bellhousing. I altered the stock crossmember for the T5 and duels and I could alter it again for the changed orinatation but it's a b!tch to get it out of the way to drop the transmission.....and alot heavier than your version

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
By the way Steve,welcome back,I haven't seen you on here lately ..
Guy

Thanks, I have been busy with stuff and the winter blues always gets to me. I've started acculumating stuff for the GP so I'm slowly coming out of hibernation....:)

Reactions: 3 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Couple of thoughts regarding Iceman crossmember and sagging claims. First, what type of transmission? If manual, a manual setup tends to be lighter than a heavier automatic with a fluid-filled torque converter. This is especially true if the trans is a 2004r...those suckers weigh a ton! Second, since the Iceman is built by Malibu Racing and most racers tend to be weight conscious, an Iceman crossmember would likely focus on conserving weight rather than being robust. Something to consider, eh?

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Couple of thoughts regarding Iceman crossmember and sagging claims. First, what type of transmission? If manual, a manual setup tends to be lighter than a heavier automatic with a fluid-filled torque converter. This is especially true if the trans is a 2004r...those suckers weigh a ton! Second, since the Iceman is built by Malibu Racing and most racers tend to be weight conscious, an Iceman crossmember would likely focus on conserving weight rather than being robust. Something to consider, eh?

if you are using an automatic I don't see how you would know if it is sagging. GuyMonteSS is using an Iceman and he had a 5 speed Doug Nash. With the shifter you can tell if the transmission is moving and Guy says his transmission is not sagging. The transmission cossmember isn't holding up the weight of the transmission. It is at the rear end of the transmission so with the transmission bolted to the back of the engine the weight on the tail of the transmission is not that much. I know with my T5 I can raise the transmission off the mount, after it is unbolted of course. Iceman isn't built by Malibu Racing, it's built by the individual who owns Iceman. I just ordered a crossmemever and spoke with Rick who owns Iceman.

Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
if you are using an automatic I don't see how you would know if it is sagging. GuyMonteSS is using an Iceman and he had a 5 speed Doug Nash. With the shifter you can tell if the transmission is moving and Guy says his transmission is not sagging. The transmission cossmember isn't holding up the weight of the transmission. It is at the rear end of the transmission so with the transmission bolted to the back of the engine the weight on the tail of the transmission is not that much. I know with my T5 I can raise the transmission off the mount, after it is unbolted of course. Iceman isn't built by Malibu Racing, it's built by the individual who owns Iceman. I just ordered a crossmemever and spoke with Rick who owns Iceman.

Hey Steve,its good to hear that you just ordered your crossmember.
Did Rick have any issues shipping to Canada ??
I don't recall any when I ordered mine,but things can change with time.
Guy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hey Steve,its good to hear that you just ordered your crossmember.
Did Rick have any issues shipping to Canada ??
I don't recall any when I ordered mine,but things can change with time.
Guy

He hasn't shipped it yet but he ships it by UPS so I asked if he could check on other shippers. He checked USPS but surprisingly that was considerably more expensive and he can't use FedEx in his area. I found out there is a way to save a bit on border fees if there are any. I can check to see what the fees are when it gets to the border and if I prepay for the fees UPS doesn't charge me a fee for making that payment. When I was talking to Rick on the phone he said he is behind in his work cause his wife was ill so I don't want to bother him to ask when he plans on shipping.
I have a bit of time before my transmission is ready anyhow. I put together the T5 WC in the GP now so I got a guy who builds racing T5's to rebuild my spare T5 WC. He uses carbon fiber symcro rings that are hard to find. There are carbon fiber rings out there but there are not all the same. He has been building and racing the T5 WC for 20 years.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor