I'm Stumped ! what else could it be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
I recommend the night test to check for the Arc this has worked for me on my wife no turbo evo motor and my dads @ home sbc 350 rebuild...

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
How did you check for vacuum leaks, with a gauge or by Snooping everything (or soapy water works)? I got a good deal on car once over a dry-rotted vacuum line because the owner thought the engine was bad. I'd double check all of the hoses, carb base, all the way around the manifold, tees in the manifold, brake booster port, modulator vacuum line (didn't see what trans you were using), etc.

Problems like this usually end up being something stupid and simple that get overlooked. It's happened to me more times than I can remember. Good luck!

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I have to say thank you ! to all the people that posted comments. I personally want you to know that I have
considered every ones thoughts and suggestions with an open mind.

Many of you are on the same page . I just want to get this fixed and move on. I also realize this engine combo
may not be the best option. I will have to live with that for now. If I can upgrade to Aluminum heads and a better cam
I will. Right now I just need a reliable DD. My truck is currently in need of some front end work and will be down for some time off from regular DD duty for the past 11 years. I need the monte to be good enough to DD and run to shows on the days off and week ends. I am fixin to purchase a bike to use as a commuter vehicle as well. 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
60 mpg. 6 speed. EFI nice bike. Not too powerfull to get into trouble with the law, but a nice tight package weight
with the looks and performance of a much larger cc machine. around $4700. My son wants one too. Mine will be white
his green. Soon to be reality ...

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Many of you may not know who I am. I actually run a web company that sells Teflon mazda miata window guides for 90
to 05 model years. all made by hand right in my garage. To date I have sold over 2400 pairs in kit form to over 14
different countries and 48 of the 50 states . I even sell LED lighting kits in universal design for multiple vehicles with 2 light and 3 light kits in 5 different colors. I have the blue installed in my monte carlo. If you are interested or would like more data on the LED kits just send me a PM or email .

RestoRides MotorSports "we make custom look so good "

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I think I may be onto something with the distributor wiring. The feed wire to the Bat + lead on the HEI comes from a tap at the fuse box. The wire however is rather small. 18 ga. so even though it can supply voltage it may not be able to handle the current required.

I purchased the Re-curve kit for the HEI to allow me to tune the vacuum advance.
I also got a 40 amp water proof relay to wire up to the fire wall and run the output directly to the Bat+ connection.
I even ordered the prewired plug in for the HEI tach/ Bat+ connection with the proper size wires.
Now I Can solder the connections and use heat shrink to seal it.

I will provide feedback when we get it installed...

jake 87BlazeLS

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Sounds promising...That small gauge wire could create problems.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I completely overlooked the fact that this lead was rather small. I'm thinking this new relay and the proper gauge wires
soldered together connections eliminating butt splices and such might just be the golden egg here.

I will be working on the upgraded wiring over the next week. I will report back ...

jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor