Intake Manifold Installation 305 SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Ok, I got my hands on a damn near new Edelbrock Performer EPS for cheap...

20220312_112159.jpg
20220312_112307.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Maybe not when you pushed it but why is there a socket on that pulley bolt ? Did you try to turn the pulley ? Did that turn the crank as you did that ?
Turning the idler pulley can move the crank pulley? I wouldn't have thought that could happen.

Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
You have a standard rotating fan on there right now. On a normal v belt drive the fan will spin the same direction as the crank (clockwise), but being that you have the serp set up on there the fan gets spun in the reverse direction (counterclockwise). If you look at the left side of your fan in your photos notice how to blade is not scooping the air as it would be rotating counterclockwise.

Here is the best photo I can find showing how the blades would be shaped on a counterclockwise fan:
View attachment 194520

vs what you have:
View attachment 194521

You have a standard rotating fan on there right now. On a normal v belt drive the fan will spin the same direction as the crank (clockwise), but being that you have the serp set up on there the fan gets spun in the reverse direction (counterclockwise). If you look at the left side of your fan in your photos notice how to blade is not scooping the air as it would be rotating counterclockwise.

Here is the best photo I can find showing how the blades would be shaped on a counterclockwise fan:
View attachment 194520

vs what you have:
View attachment 194521

View attachment 194520

vs what you have:
View attachment 194521
Wasnt this discussed in the original thread ? SMH
mikester Yea it was... Another thing that has been discussed is that I'm on a budget...

Between all the other new parts and install tools Ive had to purchase, when have i had an extra $100 for a new fan to swap out this one with ?

You want to loan me $70 for the correct fan or can you wait until I have the money to correct the fan ?

bruisedbanana79 here is a better reference... Straight from the horses mouth...

Screenshot_20220317-081934_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220317-081952_Photos.jpg

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Cool bud, just making sure you swap it out before you drive it. Guaranteed to overheat your engine with the wrong fan.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
mikester Yea it was... Another thing that has been discussed is that I'm on a budget...

Between all the other new parts and install tools Ive had to purchase, when have i had an extra $100 for a new fan to swap out this one with ?

You want to loan me $70 for the correct fan or can you wait until I have the money to correct the fan ?

bruisedbanana79 here is a better reference... Straight from the horses mouth...
Take a step back..... You had the correct set-up in the beginning. It was already on the car/engine.

YOU opted to spend $$ out of your tight budget to go w/a flex fan which required a spacer @ additional cost. That purchase was not 'needed'.

Don't get butt hurt if people call you out on it. YOU are choosing to run an incorrect part because you spent $$ for it vs using the original part that is known will work @ no additional cost to you.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Take a step back..... You had the correct set-up in the beginning. It was already on the car/engine.

YOU opted to spend $$ out of your tight budget to go w/a flex fan which required a spacer @ additional cost. That purchase was not 'needed'.

Don't get butt hurt if people call you out on it. YOU are choosing to run an incorrect part because you spent $$ for it vs using the original part that is known will work @ no additional cost to you.
Right, I made a conscious decision to buy something from my budget that I'm aware of lol...who cares if I made the decision to swap from clutch fan to flex fan...

Here we are changing topic of discussion from intake manifold to flex fan, "parenting me" telling me how to manage my money that you have limited knowledge of...only what I allow you to know about that...

By my comment, it's understandable that I don't have the cash RIGHT NOW to just drop on a new fan...realisticly lol...

Therefore, simply put and understood, itd not going to happen right now...I'll let you know when it does...

End of fan discussion...

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
YOU are choosing to run an incorrect part because you spent $$ for it
No im spending money on the wrong parts, because people kept that information from me because majority of you didn't want me to swap the clutch fan lol...then it wasn't discovered until after I bought the fan, that the setup required a reverse rotation fan...

After 30, 40, 50, 60 years of experience from everyone and multiple pictures of my engine setup...

If you're going to tell it, tell the whole story...

The ONLY part I'm wrong in the whole fan situation is buying the wrong fan, which was contributed by you guys not wanting to give the information to me to buy the right flex fan because you guys didn't want me to swap in the first place...lol

Again...dead horse, spilled milk, not gonna beat it and not going to cry over it ...

End of discussion of the fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor