Interesting paint on a 1979 Sport Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

undr8ed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2010
Spokane, WA
So I started stripping and straightening my 79 Turbo Coupe for paint. I had always been curious about the 2 tone black and white interior, however now I'm REALLY curious. My car is currently a super faded beige, but the areas it's flaking off (jams, between body panels, cracks, etc.) it's pink!!! A darker pink than the mary kay cars I've seen, too... I know that playboy gave the "playmate of the year" a car, but cannot find any info beyond 1976 (soooo close, lol)

Does anybody know what car was for either the 78 or 79 playmate of the year? Could it really be a Mary Kay Regal?

I REALLY doubt I'd repaint it pink (I'm just not that guy and my daughter isn't quite old enough for a car) however it would be interesting to know the history of this Regal (prior to me horsetrading for it and rebuilding it.)

Thanks for any help! 8)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sorry but your car wasn't the car given to the playmate of the year....in 79 it was the

500x_pmoy_1979_porsche.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5536844/playmate-of ... 64-to-2010

undr8ed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2010
Spokane, WA
pontiacgp said:
sorry but your car wasn't the car given to the playmate of the year....in 79 it was the

I doubted it was for a playmate of the year, just the same as I doubt it was a Mary Kay car. There's no paint code on it, and I HIGHLY doubt it was a pink repaint.

hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor