interior trim and vynl paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron chickadel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2016
millsboro,de
i and mr brother both have a 78 & 79 pontiac grande lemans with interior code of 24 . having a very hard time of finding anything that might be close. i,ve checked duplicolor, sem & vht without much luck. also tried the parts place and they are close but expensive with shipping cost. was wondering if anybody would have ideas ? need help please , thanks ron

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe have a local auto paint supply store color match it and mix it up for you.
My local Painters Supply mixed up perfect matching touch up paint for both my blue Regal and the ugly chestnut brown one and I had them make it in spray cans, got 4 cans out of a $15 pint.
Luckily they are a SEM supplier also and have a matching SEM color in stock for me.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I had some mixed and put into rattle cans. It was the light blue, same as what you have I think.
It was really too light for my taste, so I had more mixed up to match my center console.
It's a bad (and old picture) but if you go to the 1979 page on my site you'll see the light color on the lower door panels and the darker center console.
Pictures are before I dyed new for panels and new dash...

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Here's the color I went with.
Let my know if you want the mix recipe.
I have cans of the light blue if you want that too.

Attachments

• 100_1320.jpg
    100_1320.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 292

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
FYI, if you can't find a paint supplier that carries SEM, DuPont makes a vinyl resin that can be tinted to any color, and is available in 3 levels of gloss. I have used it on a couple of different personal cars, and it's what we used at work for the occasional trim piece that was no longer available in the correct color.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
There are 3 colors on this plastic piece.
The light blue I believe was mixed to the code. It looks the same as SEM powder blue.
The middle color is SEM blue mist 15213

The dark blue on the end is what I had mixed to match my console.
Unfortunately everything fades differently.

FWIW..DuPont no longer makes paint.

Attachments

• 20160407_105937.jpg
    20160407_105937.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 411
  • 20160407_105733.jpg
    20160407_105733.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 268

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Nice interior. I think the Bluemist is just too blue for these Pontiacs.
The blue i had mixed has a slight greenish timt to it. Not quite as Blue..

ron chickadel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2016
millsboro,de
positively a good looking no doubt and you did a great job !! i,m gonna but a can to see what it looks like on mine. i still kinda leaning towards the light blue. where did you get the light blue ? have a great weekend !!! thanks ron

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor