Is the modern car scene a reflection of income inequality....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to put this on track about cars and not feelings,

Then shut your crap here since you beta'd out. :)
So, by that reasoning, the fact that my house is already paid-in-full, all the toys are paid-in-full, I've got daily drivers under 30k miles paid in full, and, I unofficially "retired" all the way back at age 35 mean you need to sit down and report to detention.

I've got more than a few lessons on life and financial advice that apparently worked better than the set you had.

And, by the way, this a gbodyforum... here threads take their own life and go wherever they damn well please, not everything here is about cars. Just in case you haven't been paying attention as long as you've been around.

Reactions: 1 user
You forgot to call me racist.

God, I miss Tynan.
I screenshotted and now quoted this. No taksie backsies. Time to put this in my back pocket and save it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
So, by that reasoning, the fact that my house is already paid-in-full, all the toys are paid-in-full, I've got daily drivers under 30k miles paid in full, and, I unofficially "retired" all the way back at age 35 mean you need to sit down and report to detention.

I've got more than a few lessons on life and financial advice that apparently worked better than the set you had.

And, by the way, this a gbodyforum... here threads take their own life and go wherever they damn well please, not everything here is about cars. Just in case you haven't been paying attention as long as you've been around.
I'll trump you all day. already have, come to Florida and find out more hoss. I'm here. :)

• Optimistic
Sounds like you're about ready to crack another box of wine
Alcohol isn't a factor but on your end, tell us how you're better... so far you haven't.

Crack the insults you want, nothing had came in of how you are better. :)

I'll trump you all day. already have, .
How? Sounds like you're behind the curve. My house is paid off... you're making your triple mortgage payments or whatever, which, is actually BAD financial advice these days when, if you had a mortgage you should've refinanced at the 3.x% rates. Then you should be pouring $10k/yr for each of you and your"girlfriend" into I bonds and making double digit returns on the money. Effectively, had you done this in 2021, and.jan of 2022, you'd be making around 7% cleared net profit (yield minus mortgage interest) instead of pissing away the liquidity. Having 40k invested since January would mean you'd net an extra $3k of literally free money to again roll over and invest.

More free money than that included in your triple payments? Again, not the time to pay down such a cheap line of credit as a locked in mortgage in the 3s. And if not locked in then, that was another mistake.

But, Florida gonna Florida thinking he's all that and then some.

That's one piece of free advice you'll ignore, but, is superior to whatever it is you do like stressing a 3.4 ton truck with your 26k trailer towing.

We all see plainly the mix of bluster, exaggeration, and quality of choices going on

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
My point is that 15yrs ago you didn't need a 408 stroker LS motor and/or a Twin Turbo setup just to compete with the new crap lol... Nowadays new cars are basically maxed out as far as performance and efficienty which is a good thing overall but it takes the fun outta hotrodding. Why is it so hard to understand my point? Back in the 80's an average 4cyl econobox did 0-60 in like 14 sec so if some hotrodders from shop class bought a 1974 Nova 350, flipped the lid, put on headers, and glasspacks your immediately twice as fast as the average new car with just simple elbow grease. That's the way hotrodding should be IMO. Nowadays it's more like how the late 50's and early 60's probably felt to hotrodders. They maxed out their flathead Ford and all the sudden people with brand new 409's were kickin' your butt just by spending $$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor