Issues after swap. Intake/carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegMan79

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2016
Tucson, AZ
So it ended up being a vacuum leak at the intake. I took it all apart and re did it today. I'm just waiting for the gasket maker to dry until tomorrow. Question, would turning the engine over by hand cause the gasket maker (on the front and back) to get sucked in or pushed out? The gasket maker was still kinda wet when I rotated it, is why I ask. I took my time and checked everything carefully and cleaned things up a little better. Just wanted to let yall know and ask this question. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there is no vacuum at the back or front of the intake but if you don't have the propper positive crankcase ventilation set up the pressure will blow out the intake's front and/or rear seal

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor