It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Are you guys gonna be offering the lower chrome trim that goes from the front bumper to the rear bumper on the 81-88 cutlass's?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Mikes83ss said:
Are you guys gonna be offering the lower chrome trim that goes from the front bumper to the rear bumper on the 81-88 cutlass's?

Yea, actually negotiating the pricing right now. Right now too much for us.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
A new test item. Pretty good fit? Imagine how good I'll be when I am 12 ;)

Attachments

• GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar001.jpg
    GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 709
  • GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar004.jpg
    GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 703
  • GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar005.jpg
    GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar005.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 720
  • GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar008.jpg
    GBPGMBumperfillerstestfittedoncar008.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 714

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
if i were a betting man, id put money that those regal bumper fillers will be your highest selling unit

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
oldsofb said:
Anything new happen? This is like waiting for the next Walking Dead episode. :shock:

Interested in consoles or making a Hurst Shifter conversion?

clues, clues......

86 olds grilles are being quoted and headlight bezels for the regal gn, and cutlass are in quoting stages now as well.

Doors are being examined and are getting ready for initial tool stages. (this is a long project)

Making patch panels for the rear fender areas on regal, cutlass

Moonroof seal is done, ready to run production.

all kinds of stuff going on really. Lighting, geesh, too much to explain.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Peter said:
if i were a betting man, id put money that those regal bumper fillers will be your highest selling unit

I hope you are correct, they are the nicest piece that I have ever created with a factory.

I think the HL bezels on the cutlass and regal will be a homerun as well

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
oldsofb said:
Any news on progress with other parts?

Hutch

Alright,

Time to get more up to date with what we have going into production,

86 Cutlass grilles should be ready in a couple months
All lighting for the bumpers and marker lighting ready in a few months to T1 samples for all Buick, Olds, and Monte
We will be quoting a Bucket seat conversion kit which will involve center console pieces, shifter handles, and brackets
We will be making all brackets for the Hurst shifters and top plates and whiskers and pieces needed to make the needed parts available.
I had a cool idea of having the Lighting Rods name in transparent ABS with ambient lighting making the words glow.
Headlight doors will be in chrome and black for regal and chrome for cutlass at the time the grilles are available for the cutty
Actively seeking Lighting Rod licensing and manufacturing
Moldings, I dont know where to start, we are manufacturing the top 10 moving and needed anodized and black out moldings needed. We are going to package molding sets, for example you will be able to buy front windshield moldings as a set, hard top rear moldings, and a cutlass would have all moldings as a kit for the roof rail, door reveal, and a and b pillar as one. We have fought till blue in the face to make the best quality product for a fair price. The manufacturer makes for Harley Davidsion. Good stuff..
Making a cowl hood for the cutlass out of steel
Making a cowl hood for the regal out of steel
All kinds of sheetmetal
Parts were sent to the MFG to make a RIM composite bumper cover for those that want to do a SS monte carlo.
Doors for 86-88 Monte are close, we are waiting on t1 samples in two months

I am meeting with MFG at Gbodyparts on Wed and Thursday in North Carolina this week to insure that all is on production with the Cutlass Proiject.

All kinds of stuff going on. I ll keep all posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor