It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point Brian. I think I heard a little Maryland in there 😀 . Back to the important stuff. Are there really other vendors out there ready to get into full gear making repro stuff? I wonder if it's because the 87's hit the 25 year mark. I am very excited to hear that news. Parts..parts..parts..More Parts! I'm lovin it. And when the smoke clears Year One will make a huge catalog and say they did it all..look at us 😀

I think the reproduction market for G body's is going to expand. The 50's and 60's and 70's cars have a good supply of reproduction parts, the G body's are naturally next in line

oldsofb said:
Great point Brian. I think I heard a little Maryland in there 😀 . Back to the important stuff. Are there really other vendors out there ready to get into full gear making repro stuff? I wonder if it's because the 87's hit the 25 year mark. I am very excited to hear that news. Parts..parts..parts..More Parts! I'm lovin it. And when the smoke clears Year One will make a huge catalog and say they did it all..look at us 😀

We know there are companies ready because when I travel I get to see what they have sent into the MFG :wink: .

OPGI is huge into Elcamino items because the owner Dave was passionate about making items based on his vehicle. So our passion and what we are doing follows suit. In all reality we may be a couple years ahead of the curve, but I'd rather lead than follow someone else make inferior products. THere is a reason I keep pushing Brian's name and soon those will know who else carries through default, but this was truly me and Brian's idea, implementation, and hopefully our products we have already available will please the community.

Lots of stuff coming up rather quickly. I hope to be hanging doors on my car for T1 in December.

SO.... Is ANYBODY concentrating on Grand Prix's???? :| I know they aren't as "popular" or a "money maker" BUT it would be nice to see somebody do something for the 78-87 A&G body platform Grand Prix. Geez they made them 11 years and they are quite a few out there.... :wink:

Hey all located in the Cincinnati market. Time has come for test fitting. I have a cutlass and a regal. I am needing someone with a Monte Carlo SS and a regular Monte Carlo to be a "guinnea pig." I will make sure that you are given a set of first run products on the items that I fit on your vehicle.

Man the next few months is going to be good!!

update for everyone.

After successful test fits on regal and monte carlo SS turn signals we will start production on these lights. Both the clear and amber lights will be available soon for the regal and the monte carlo ss clear will be available as well. I should be looking forward for all the cutlass turn signals next month as well.

We are also introducing a stellar quality wheel well moldings for the Buick Grand National and normal regal in proper gauged anodized aluminum and also the correct satin powder coat black. These will be available soon. I, at last minute wanted the holes for mounting to be oval for a little play when the installer places them on the vehicle. I know not two cars can be identical. This keeps installation easy without the need to drill another hole close to the exitsting hole.

Moon roof seals are now available for the moon roof cars. We built them better than the OEM. We added slip coating and made them more durable against tearing after a couple years. In the next few weeks we will have a new and improved hard top seal which will be better than the OEM version as well.

Bumper fillers for 84-87 Buick Regal are readily available, yes they can be expensive, but there is NO body shop time altering PVC or Fiberglass models, and they are as good if not better than the OEM....they are formulated to last longer with today's technology including TPUR/TPO compunds found in fiberoptic cabling. Cool huh.?

I Just founf out today for the Cutty owners that we will have patch panels for in front of the rear wheel and behind a nice quality 18ga patch panel which will aleviate the need to purchase the whole 80% quarter for $400.00. We thought this a good first part of sheetmetal to come out with since there is much rust in these areas on our cutty...mine included. Quality.....? Bar none... you will like it. Grind, weld, cut....it is good stuff.

Doors are on schedule we hope to have a T1 test sample which I will personally be installing on my 81 around December. This is greatly needed and we know it. Keep patient. we are working as fast and hard as we can. Will be traveling overseas in 3 weeks with Brian Weaver, so if you think of anything now, speak up!!!

Thanks for the update. This is very good to hear. Besides every square inch of sheet metal on the car, replacement interior pieces (especially the chrome plastic parts) would be good. Jax Seat Cover makes a beautiful leather seat cover set for the GN and TType. Getting that kind of quality leather seating for the other G-Body styles would be really nice too. If I don't stop I'll have a list too long to read.

Thanks again for getting this started and moving forward with it.

Hutch

So there is talks about new repo Doors for the 81-87 Regal/GN and the 81-88 Cutlass/442? If so thats great. :mrgreen:

gbgn1 said:
So there is talks about new repo Doors for the 81-87 Regal/GN and the 81-88 Cutlass/442? If so thats great. :mrgreen:

T1 prototypes in December or January

Any plans for El Camino parts? i have a 78 that i can't afford aftermarket tail light lenses for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor