Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yes it is! As they say... "you gotta pay to play!"

I'm deeper than that just in the motor and machine work! Don't get me started on what I've done to the car, lol. There's not a single part attached to that frame that's original from 1983.

Once you get that turbo kit though, I'm sure everything you've saved thus far will be spent, turbos are buku $$$ I hope to be N/A as long as possible. But knowing myself, I'll more than likely be traveling down that road someday.
Too beaucoup. Too beaucoup...
hqdefault.jpg

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
Yup me too my square body is a 80 crew cab 4x4 utility body just like a big brick!

very nice man, those crew cabs are beasts

Reactions: 1 user

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
It has a thred square body crew

I'll have to check it out man! I just spent my Sunday fixing and rewiring every light on the truck. The old owner left the original harness in place and ran his own wires all over the place. Truck was begging to catch fire. Alarm, stereo system, power seats, power door locks, kc lights... You name it and it was wired terribly and in the worst possible way. I wired in updated trailer light connectors too . I spent all day but I know it's right.

Reactions: 1 user

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
Brought my project back from the dead and I've made a few hard decisions.

Motor: Same Lq9 from earlier just rebuilt now with a new cam, springs, lifters, pushrods, rings, bearings and seals done by RIOS racing down in NC. This guy is old school cheap by the way.
Transmission: After searching forever for a t56, I gave up and bought 2 4l60e's (one for the car, the other for reasons) then I also found a cheapish t56 and jumped on it. Ended up hacking this dude from craigslist's SS camaro apart to save some cash.
Rearend: I found the 8.8 I want but for the effort of getting under that mark vii, i'll probably just get a good 9in off ebay
Misc: Dirty Dingo Motor mounts and ls1 oil pan, intake and accessories I took off of an entire LS1 pullot harness->oil pan for just 700 bucks.

My garage time is dependant on my son's sleep schedule. single dad life.

I completely built and sold that k10 though, so now i've got the cash this car needs. The old 355/th350 got sold to a rich guy in the mountains and the rest of the car is scattered around my shed with the cab and rolling frame in my driveway.

I'll throw in pics later. Also, thinking of putting that ls1 in my 04 silverado... a little HD action. Too many projects.

-a

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor