kid keeps talking smack

Status
Not open for further replies.
beermonkey9417 said:
i own a 99 infinity i30t, which is the same as a maxima with the 3.0 and with my elky having a 307 with high comp heads and 4 speed trans and the 4.11, im not sure with all that if the elky would beat the i30, but it would be a good close race. now i got a buddy that has a jetta and hes been talking sh*t since day one. so the other day me and him do the plugs and hes said the last time i took him for a ride that he thinks his 4 banger jetta could whoop my elky, like totally whoop me bad. so we get in the elky and go for a ride. i let it warm up driving around my condo complex and i reminded him about the statement he made about him beating me with his jetta and slow to a stop. i rev it to about 1200 rpm and hold the brake down and then get a nice launch, hes reaching for "oh sh*t" handles and says, i retract my last statement, yer car will whoop mine jesus crist, slow down. that felt good after 4 years of working on it. but like i said i got the 307 with 416 heads and 1.6 rockers and 50k volt dizzy, shorty headers, x pipe, and the 4.11 posi, no power steering, or a/c and an electric fan. now with all that i dont think i could beat my buddys 90 300zx, i might be close, but i dunno. but dont get discouraged, use that sh*t talking as motavation to get some work done on making yer car a lil better. now, just so ya know the 3.0 motor hes got doesn really kick in till 3500 rpm to redline, and the best he ca do is get a y pipe(like an x pipe for our cars) and a different exhaust without getting into alot of other messes in his ecu. you on the the other hand can but better heads for the same price ands swap em in for more power gain with less hassle. keep yer chin up!

Your friends an idiot. I took down some N/A Jettas with my 95 2 door tahoe 5 speed, with just an exhaust and intake. Wasn't even a vortec motor...

BowtiesOnly said:
Your friends an idiot. I took down some N/A Jettas with my 95 2 door tahoe 5 speed, with just an exhaust and intake. Wasn't even a vortec motor...
Thats like a 105hp 4cyl car :roll: and a '95 350 TBI truck engine is over 200hp

I had a '98 VR6 Jetta 5speed and that thing would smoke a 350 TPI 3rd gen FBody. There isn't no stock 305"HO" Monte SS beating a newer model V6 car :| sorry

BowtiesOnly said:
what model is his maxima? the SE was rated for a tick under 15 second quarter mile and the other model (gse?) was rated at around 16. 80s montes with the 305 H.O. were around 15.7 from the factory. depending on the model you might have him. you gotta hook it up though cuz fwd will tree you, even if it's gay as nuts.
he has a gle which is the luxury model, and roger idk i would buy an intake manifold, carb spacer, i have a full exhaust, does anybody have any tips on making my SS quicker with out engine swaps etc... and dreamonmontess yea he got really pissed at that, plus if he spun his tired it wouldnt have looked that cool

tell him you can actually have pride in what you drive and be unique in the street.
and it wont seem like your driving mommys car lol :rofl:

Start tearing sh*t out of it! The more weight you pull out the faster you :mrgreen: I would say aside from headers/exhaust, carb and intake thats all your gonna be able to do besides weight reduction without swappin the motor for something that actually has balls.

Intake, camshaft, carburetor and headers are about the easiest mods to do. You could go as far as having some port work done on the heads as well :idea: Talk to a head guy and see how much lift the factory HO heads will flow :mrgreen:

I think they're faster than 8.0 zero to 60... My 98 Neon R/T was supposedly able to do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, and my friends 98 Maxima SE 5 speed would pull more than a car length out in front of me up to about 60 then would blow my doors off up to 100 pulling 4 or 5 car lengths more. He claimed it was supposed to do zero-60 in 6.5 seconds his was probably just slightly faster than stock since he put a performance muffler (dynomax I think) and a K&N filter in it. Car ran good... It was fun to drive to.

BowtiesOnly said:

well the last time my friend drove in my elky it was missing bad, prolly like 2 cylinders, thats why he said what he did. but i did have the biggest smile on my face when he freaked out trying to find the "oh sh*t!" handles :mrgreen:

also you can find cheap aftermarket intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds. my elky came with an edlebrock rpm intake, but you can get one for ~$50, and then for around 50-100 bucks you can find headers. the heads i got ive seen on craigs list for as low as 100 bucks but the ones i got were plug and play for 350 bucks. IIRC the 1.6 roller tip rocker were like 160 bucks from jegs and the gaskets for all that were like 50 bucks. for him to do the same for his car, the intake is like 500 bucks from japan + shipping and only gives him like 15 more hp at the last 1k and then for heads, i dont even know if there even any aftermarket ones for the maxima. headers are ~300 and then by the time hes getting all this put together yer already done putting everything together and he still has to go on his lap top and tell the ecu to stop freaking out and get the F/A, timing and other sh*t right assuming he got that birds nest of vaccume hoses and wireing put together correctly. so what id do is secretly save up for parts and then you and yer buddys take a weekend and swap all that stuff out and then take him for all his marbles :twisted:

85gbody said:
tell him you can actually have pride in what you drive and be unique in the street.
and it wont seem like your driving mommys car lol :rofl:

also how many maximas do you see any given day, now how many montes to you see in that same day? 8)

1) 1 5/8" headers
2) Intake ( I don't know what would be best though )
3) 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" true duals
4) 4 hole carb spacer may help a little
5) Recurve distributor can make a big difference

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can do with your engine as far as simple bolt-ons go. First I would find out why you're engine is pooping out at only 4k though. You do have a non CCC distributor in there right? With a well running/tuned stock engine with the mods listed above should squeak you into the 14's with a good launch.

Whatever happens, at least your car isn't a gay import so you got that going for you.

Take the heads off, port them, get lsx valves in etc. (assuming its a proper h.o with 416's), and get them decked and around 59cc in the chamber stock headgasket is close to 9:1 compression.CS292-H-10 for a cam,should be able to run stock pistons, grab an intake edelbrock etc port/match it to the heads/gasket, and slap some headers on.

Shouldnt even have to take the motor out of the car todo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor