Late model seats in a G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
On the pt cruiser passanger seat flips forward to allow access 20170122_115705.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I'm really liking the Buick regal seats out of the Wbody's. Has anyone looked at them to see if they could be modified to tilt forward? Wondering if there's just a stop or something line that that would need modified.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I'm really liking the Buick regal seats out of the Wbody's. Has anyone looked at them to see if they could be modified to tilt forward? Wondering if there's just a stop or something line that that would need modified.
I don't remember seeing anything like that

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Four door seats dont fold forward but the electric motor and tilt moved it forward enough for my 8 year nephew to ride back there.....no adult has every rode in the back on my car just the driver and passenger only......another thing to consider..............

I'd be interested in your build as far as what it took to install, and how much room there is to get into the back seat. These sure are comfortable seats and yours looks like it's factory!

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
The seats bolt in with 3 of the 4 mounts the last hole has to be enlarged to slide over the stud....the back seat bolts in to the back with minor mods to the bottom of the back where it bolts lock it down and the seat bottom tucks and locks in.....the electric base moves the seat forward and raises the back and dips the front which helps tilt the back forward some.......I tried to recover the original thread from Turbobuick.com but the was from 2007 and stuff has been purged on their server I will......anyone knows how to retrieve/enable old file threads on here my old ones arent showing up from when I first joined all my post between 7/2008 and 4/2011 which when I built my car are gone along with links and info.................

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Okay good and bad news......found the original car seat thread from Turbobuick site.....the conversation thread is there but as with most old threads the photolinks are dead and pics are worth a thousand words when in car forums......I pasted a link to the thread let me if you can access it if not i can copy/paste info to ours........

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/if-you-missed-my-new-black-leather-interior.56144/

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Thanks for finding the link. Wish the pictures were still there, but might try this, My DD is a 2000 Regal, and the seats sure are comfy. I think I'm going to try to figure out how to make the seats lean forward more, got to have rear seat access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor