LS to 4l80e flexplate and TC installation help

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
It isn’t irrelevant if he wants to put it in the car and not have to adjust it after it’s in the car. Measuring beforehand will eliminate all of the working on your back with a drop light/ flash light to make sure this correct.

If he has a lift and can leave the car on it for days waiting for parts to show up, then fine , do it in the car.
Alex I'd like bolting it together on the ground for $500, please...

I can't be the only one who builds stuff with simple methods here..

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You da man! So any dex 6 from the auto parts will do. Thanks for the advice. I wasn’t expecting any responses I’m in Florida and couldn’t sleep. Lol. Thanks again
Walmart.com is the cheapest I’ve found it - shows up in two days. And hold on for the volume. I have TruCool 40k cooler, with system empty it takes 4.2-4.4 gallons.

Jake has a video about marking your dipstick as well - search his vids on YT.

And FWIW, I’ve never put the engine and trans in preassembled. Too much of a PITA, and I have practice - between my sons car and mine I’ve pulled the motors more times than I have fingers. And if I’m motivated I can have the motor out in 3 hours. But normally 5hrs and a the better part of a 6 pack haha.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Walmart.com is the cheapest I’ve found it - shows up in two days. And hold on for the volume. I have TruCool 40k cooler, with system empty it takes 4.2-4.4 gallons.

Jake has a video about marking your dipstick as well - search his vids on YT.

And FWIW, I’ve never put the engine and trans in preassembled. Too much of a PITA, and I have practice - between my sons car and mine I’ve pulled the motors more times than I have fingers. And if I’m motivated I can have the motor out in 3 hours. But normally 5hrs and a the better part of a 6 pack haha.
Good to know. It’s a street car idk if I should run a cooler. Is that something I have to install now or later?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Good to know. It’s a street car idk if I should run a cooler. Is that something I have to install now or later?
You need something. At a bare minimum a radiator that has an integral cooler.

You can monitor the trans temp through the Holley. 200-205 is the most ill run one.

The TruCool 40k is a beast. But there are other options.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
This is how I do my SS..

FB_IMG_1683042031531.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Which as you see, engine & transmission on the ground bolted together sitting on cardboard. Easy way to bolt it all together and plenty of room to check everything over.

Take the advice for what it's worth. Much easier to fix problems when it's all still out of the car.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Which as you see, engine & transmission on the ground bolted together sitting on cardboard. Easy way to bolt it all together and plenty of room to check everything over.

Take the advice for what it's worth. Much easier to fix problems when it's all still out of the car.
Hell that’s exactly what I’m aiming for. I have no shop,lift etc. Would like to get it all done one shot. And slide it on in.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor