LT1 swap update - split loom install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Pretty much all I need to do before test driving is put the gas thank back in and route the fuel supply / return lines, fuel pump circuit line to the rear, slap in a new radiator and hook up the trans cooler lines.

I’m fiddling with ALDLdroid too which is pretty cool. Bought a used Lenovo tablet on eBay on the cheap for that purpose. Main reason for it is to display vehicle speed data from the PCM since we have no way to drive the stock Malibu speedometer cable.
It sure sounds like an LT1. Awesome work. Congratulations!

These are available to drive your speedometer but are pricey...

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
You mean ALDLdroid?
No, its blue tooth for setting the calibration. I have it hard wired to my obd1 powered lt1. It also comes with the ability to plug into an obd2 connector.

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
Got the tank back in and the fuel pump electric circuit installed. Working on fuel lines now. Look at this factory push fitting from the Z28. It's supposed to be a 3/8" supply line but the quick connect barbed fitting at the fuel filter necks down to 1/4"!!! I'm not using this part, thats for sure. In the pic you see a 3/8' fuel hose next to the necked down fitting.

IMG_7923.jpg
IMG_7924.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
I'm guessing that C4 explains your affinity for the LT1.

It's the Mrs who has Corvette fetish. The first was a 73 Stingray and this C4 is our second. It's a 96, the last year for C4 and the first year of OBD2. The C4 was bone stock 50k miles when we got it. I changed just a few things and now its quite the fun driver. Lunati cam and valve springs, Trick flow pushrods, .565 lift and 221 duration @.050. 3.54 rear gears and a PCM tune. All else is stock including cast iron exhaust manifolds. It goes 12.80's et at 110mph in the 1/4.

The C4 was my introduction to the LT1 platform. The LT1 swap into the wagon happened because a complete 94 Z28 just happened to be available at a good price.

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
She’s back on her feet and out of the garage. Just need one more PCM flash for the transmission pressures and some gas and she’ll be ready for a test drive.

Still have some small stuff to do as well like splash guard for the air filter, hose protection, swap in new radiator and aux trans cooler, put radio back in and hook up all the stuff for heater and defrost. Then it’s on to weather stripping, floor boards…..will it ever end?

69544581-1FC2-4A96-B6B3-DD004C35E1AF.jpeg
109F9DEA-44D9-4611-A6E0-780C5FD3D129.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
She’s back on her feet and out of the garage. Just need one more PCM flash for the transmission pressures and some gas and she’ll be ready for a test drive.

Still have some small stuff to do as well like splash guard for the air filter, hose protection, swap in new radiator and aux trans cooler, put radio back in and hook up all the stuff for heater and defrost. Then it’s on to weather stripping, floor boards…..will it ever end?

View attachment 181697 View attachment 181698
Congratulations! No, they are never finished. Substantially complete is as good as it gets.

• Agree

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
I've decided to put a bypass style heater control valve in. This is instead of the straight shut off type. The reason is I can't find any instance where an LT1 engine was installed with anything other than a restriction type valve or a bypass valve. So to be safe I want to continue the coolant flow through the hoses but prevent it from circulating through the core. Here's the valve I'll use.

IMG_7961.png
IMG_7952.png

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
Is there supposed to be a splash guard on the front fender wells where the upper control are is?

IMG_7956.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor