Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread

Hey did the bezel arrive ok?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Yep it got here lol. Thanks for the hook up.

Last week i got my jeep shaft installed along with buttoning up my heater box after i chopped the ac off and glassed it up. Gutted the interior to patch a couple small holes and cut out for the shifter. Also got my clutch pedal assembly bolted in.

IMAG0084-1.jpg

IMAG0082-3.jpg

IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0121-1.jpg

IMAG0123-2.jpg

Today i mocked up my transmission with a bare block i had in the shop as per Bonnewagon's recommendation. Thanks Mark! Was able to figure out where my shifter would be and get a hole cut out for it. Gonna look just right i think. set the seat in to check it out and its great. Pulling it all out tomorrow and going to start prepping the floor boards and clean them up some. Hope to get some welding in this weekend. Time is limited in the evenings after work lol

IMAG0148-2.jpg

IMAG0147-1.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

Here is a pic of the UMI control arm mount braces
IMAG0113.jpg

Im gettin there lol

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094

Dude your missing your motor mounts. :mrgreen: lol. Looks good keep up the good work when your done all every one is going to see is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

yeah i put those in today too lol. yeah imma def be ear to ear smiles when i get her running again lol. Thanks for all the compliments bud. you've been supportive of this process the whole way lol

Member # 77

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2010
Hampton Roads, Va

When do you think this project will be on the road?

Do you think you will make any car shows in the Hampton Roads area this year?

I am planning on going to Cheeseburer in Paradise across from the Patrick Henry Mall July 4th Weekend.

Jim

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Ok hoping to have it on the road end of march. The paint won't be done. That will be next year. Right now I'm just focused on driving it for the first time since 2007. I'll probably start going to the hardees get together since its informal. The 4th of July weekend I'm usually in the mountains in bath county on a fishing trip so I don't know about that one. Being we are so close I suppose a cruise is a must lol

New update for today, I got the line lock installed. Now to bleed the brakes and wire it up. Planning on doing some welding on the floor pans tomorrow. It's getting close but still so far away lol.

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0163-1.jpg

Looks decently clean

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Started the rust repair on my floor pans today. didnt make it too far because i had issues with my welder tip. The tip was worn and the wire melted back and solidified in the hole and wasted it lol. I have a clarke mig machine and it happens to take its own special tip. So tomorrow i have to go to arcet and see if the cary them. anyways one of the wholes was about the siz of a 50 cent piece and was under the seat bracket. so i used a spot weld bit to drill the spot welds out of the front half of the bracket. Then i cut the bracket in half and removed the piece needed. Then made a template of how i wanted to cut the floor. then i cut the floor pan with a pneumatic air saw (air jig saw lol) traced out my patch on cardboard and cut it from some sheet metal i have in my shop. then i ground the patch until it fit perfect in the hole. Due to the tip being messed up i wasnt getting a good arc so the welds i did make look like crap. So needless to say i will finish up the this patch and have a few others to make in the floor pan.

the hole form the bottom
IMAG0129-1.jpg

Under the front of the seat bracket
IMAG0132-1.jpg

Floor cut out for patch
IMAG0165.jpg

Patch starting to be welded before the welder crapped
IMAG0171.jpg

So since i couldnt do anymore welding i decided to start cleaning up the interior panels. I hit them with red scotch brite until all the sun damage was gone and they were as clean as i could make them. Then i wiped them down with lacquer thinner, then wax and grease remover. I then hit them with some adhesion promoter. I followed that with plastic primer. After it was dry i sprayed them with the closest color i could find to the oem color and that would match with the creme/off white on my seats which was unfortunately a ford color lol. It was called Wimbledon white. Anyways they turned out decent and are much better than the sun damaged/ yellowed color they were. Still need to do my b pillar trim although i may order replacements when i order a new a pillar trim for the passenger side since they are pretty rotten. far from perfect but i am happy. Perfect would be if i had new factory replacements lol

in primer
IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

Wimbledon white
IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo

This car has come a long way. Props to you and keep up the good work.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Blue86Monte said:
This car has come a long way. Props to you and keep up the good work.
thanks bro. it feels really good getting some work done on it today. i have to redo the rear bottom panels along with the headliner trim. i decided i was going to spray a second coat on those panels today and apparently i was out of the window and it wrinkled up like i sprayed stripper on it. its a shame because it was looking pretty good but i just wasnt happy. now i have to strip them and start all over. luckily i didnt spray the uppers over again.

ordered new tips for my mig machine this afternoon. i just happen to have an older clarke mig machine. its great and works amazingly well. but it doesnt use the tweco style contact tips. so they are special order only. needless to say i stocked up and ordered like 30 of them lol. hoping to have some more rust repair done by the weekend.

still waiting on summit to get my hedman husler headers to me so i can get on with getting the engine in. btw if anyone is looking for a transmission crossmember i highly recommend the iceman one. i sold my gforce and picked this one up and needless to say i am much happier. it fits so much better and looks so mu cleaner. couldnt be happier in that department.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

so just got off the phone with summit and they failed on the guarantee that my header would ship today and again they have no clue where my $900 headers are. This is getting so ridiculous. and here i sit with another $200 in my summit cart and they wont give me any help on the order. you would think they would take care of me in some way or another. especially when its noted on my account that they were guaranteed to ship today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor