Moving the temp sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
No metric hardware in the intake. It's most likely cause it's a steel plug in an aluminum intake for it fighing you. Best thing for those are aluminum plugs for the likes of Summit or Jegs, that what I did. Instead of fighting that plug if you don't need to try drilling it out at the dimple bu the water neck. I'd stick with the stock size thread sender for it (3/8" NPT) unless you already have a 1/2" NPT tap.
Turns out the plug was aluminum. My brother and I are thinking someone used red locktight in a number of places they shouldn't have. Thanks for the info on the bolts wasn't sure.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Turns out the plug was aluminum. My brother and I are thinking someone used red locktight in a number of places they shouldn't have. Thanks for the info on the bolts wasn't sure.

red locktite will melt at temperatures higher than 400 degrees

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor